Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hospitalization? Gallbladder inflamation?? Now what?

Thanks

Thanks Danica.

I go this afternoon for an ultrasound on my gallbladder. I have horrid heartburn and stomach pain. Trying do eat some chichen soup right now.

K

Thanks

Gentle hugs NoodleMom

How did the appointment go this afternoon?
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

The appointment went fine. There was a time that she had me roll onto my left side and then stand up while she scanned. She said that there was a lot of gas that made it difficult hence the positioning.
    She said that the doc should have the results this afternoon.

Kasey

Thanks

Let us know as soon as you find something out! I am glad the appointment went well and I am crossing my fingers that everything comes back fine or at least the tests will give you some answers! Have a good weekend
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

I got the results today. My gallbladder is enlarged/ From what I gather online this means I have gallbladder disease.
    Two things fall under this umbrella.
    Cholecystitis-inflamation of the gallbladder
    and
    Cholelithiasis-gallstones.

I looked at all the symptoms and I have nearly all of them. One of the causes is severe illness.My doc is sending the results onto the GI doc whom I see the beginning of Feb. Online it says surgery is how to take care of this.

Anyone have any other knowledge of this?

Kasey

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Kasey,

My Niece had an inflamed gallbladder when she was 16 due to unknown reasons. She had surgery to fix it and did just fine. That was 7 years ago and she's still doing just fine. I don't have any detailed info for you, but I figured a success story would be encouraging. This could very well solve your digestion problems. That's a good thing, even though right now it doesn't sound very good to have to possibly have surgery.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hi,

Just to say i am thinking of you and sending you positive vibes. A few months ago i was having a few of your symptoms and my doctor said 'yes it sounds like you have gallstones'' Yet again after a scan came back ok (which is a good thing i know) i get put on pills and sent on my merry way. Still have the same pains,burning,bloating,weeing.....but not the digestive problems you have. Hope they help you soon so you feel much better.

Love
    Angel.xx