Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hospitalization? Gallbladder inflamation?? Now what?

Thanks

Default Hospitalization? Gallbladder inflamation?? Now what?

I am going to the doctor today for my stomach and bowel issues. HubbyMan Is afraid she will put me in the hospital because I am not digesting anything.
    Could that really happen? Why? What would they do? I have have probably lost 30+lbs now. I try to eat but there is not much that I can eat.
    I eat yogurt, cereal, toast, rice, potatoes, chicken noodle soup, deli meat. cheese, fruit smoothies, canned fruit, anything that is mild. Pretty much as soon as Im finished I am making a mad dash to the toilet. Sometimes I vomit too.
    I dont really have much of an appetite. I try to eat anyway cuz I know my senses are out of whack. Yesterday this is what I ate:
    Most of a small container of yogurt
    chicken noodle soup
    rice and green beans
    fruit smoothie
    toast with jelly
    chocolate milk
    small bowl of cheerios

Kasey

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Kasey,

I read your post the other day about your digestive problems. I've had a mild form of what you are experiencing since I started a new prescription antacid med. What is happening is sometimes called malabsorption, your not digesting your food and your body isn't getting the nutrients it needs because of it. I don't know enough about these things to say whether they will hospitalize you or not. The important thing is that you are seeing your Dr. ASAP. Your body needs fuel, and it's not getting it. They need to figure this out so you can give your body what it needs to run. Try to think one step at a time. Just concentrate on seeing the DR. first, and don't worry about anything beyond that until you know. Let us know what you find out, when you can.

Rob

Thanks

Hi Kasey,
    I read your post here. It sounds like you may need to go on a total glutan free diet. Have you been tested for Celiacs Spru or Celiacs disease? If you have this problem then the only thing that can be done for it is a glutan free diet. I hope that this helps.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

You also may want to try eliminating dairy. I am having a lot of tummy problems right now and I am taking dairy out of my diet. It is a little tougher to digest. Cheese and other dairy items can cause constipation so there are forces working against each other there. Hang in there and if the doctor puts you in the hospital there is a reason for it. Please let us know what the doctor says I am sending you gentle hugs and thoughts of wellness, keep your chin up :angel:
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Toast with jelly? ewwww isnt that what ppl eat when they are pregnant? or are ya not sposed to eat it with ice cream?

lol aww sorry your appitite has gone wrong
    i dont have an appitie when im stresses ootu or medicationed up :shock:
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Thanks

Gentle hugs to ya Kasey

How did you're appointment go? Sending prayers and hugs to ya...you know...just in case they did keep ya in the hospital and you're stomping around the halls all crumpy in a johnny shirt...hugs.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

I guess that I posted a reply in my other thread in LL.
    I have an appt with the GI guy. They are going to be looking at gall bladder stuff now. Will have an ultrasound and most likely another colonoscopy. I had one last April. Also will be doing stool studies.
    Ugh. I have a rip roaring headache and nausea. Im thinking that the headaches are from not being able to eat. Ya know its bad when your stomach cant tolerate even yogurt.
    Kasey

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh dear lol

i forgot to mention just before i went into big flare country even b4 the dvts, when i was growing up i used to get the worset heartburn going couldnt eat a thing without being really ill and in pain this went on for years, until after they put me on pethodone :!: they decided i had a gullbladder problem , later i had it removed and i had 304 stones, i still have them ina container, ive never had a problem with eating since, plus i lost a hell of alot of weight too

hope yours gets sorted.........................i think that was the start of my probs with lupus :idea:
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Thanks

I am glad that your stomach stuff was reso;ved. This sooo sucks. They took me off of one of my protonix. I was taking two a day. I am in such pain now. HubbyMan just gave me one. Hope it will kick in fully. I feel so weak right now. Probably from the pain. It just doubled me over.
    Im glad that you lost weight when you had your surgery. I have lost over 30lbs. I cannot afford to lose anymore. I look like a walking skeleton. Even my kids are starting to notice. 304 stones good grief!

K

Thanks

My heart just breaks for you right now :cry: I know what it is like to have your belly hurt all the time, it is not fun Try to hang in there and make yourself as comfy as you can. I am sending you gentle hugs and thoughts of pain free nights. Keep us updated on how you are feeling and what the doctor finds out....you are in my thoughts :angel:
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram