Thread: Itchy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

like little spiders???
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Thanks

You are soooooo right! When I am on vicodin for pain it makes me itch. I thought I was nuts until my dad said it did the same thing to him! Ahhhhh....little bugs all over!!!!!! I think we should have a scratching post like little kitties have except our would be hard and would feel good when we scratched out backs!

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindreamer
    hi all,

pain meds will often cause that over all body itching (like little bugs biting everywhere).
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jane
    Is exzema common with most people with Lupus...I have exzema and I'm allergic to sulfa medications...I'm seeing a pattern.
    Hey Mary Jane

I thought I had exzema, turns out it was psoriasis and one dermatologist had me mention that my arthritic might be psoriac arthritis....well my rheumy all but yawned, and of course took no tests :shock:

I also can not tollerate sulfa medication. You wouldn't by any chance have a bad reaction to citrus fruit?

Yes you should have those spots looked at. They are another piece to the puzzle.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Interesting, Next time I go to the dr...I'll ask him about it. It seems like I itch more at night. I'm not sure why that it. but yes it does feel like little bites. Both my girls also have very sensitive skin/dry skin. I don't take any pain meds...but I do take plenty of other meds. I've dealt with stuff like this most my life...but no one really check into it until I started getting this strange rash on my thigh accompanied with a low grade fever. Each time I had a flare it reoccurred in the same exact place. Everyone (drs) was baffled...until the dermatologist did blood work and suggested SLE. When I look back, I think I've had lupus for many years...my first baby was still born 13 years ago. They had no answers...but thought there may have been a blood clot in the cord. I think lupus had something to do with the blood clotting. During my 2nd pregnancy, they had me take a baby aspirin a day. All went well...only slight complications and early delivery...but she was fine. My third pregnancy was my best...however, they thought I had a slight stroke when I was three months pregnant... never did find out exactly what happened. They say it may have been a migraine without the pain. All went well with her...just an early delivery. My baby will be 9 years old tomorrow....HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANNAH. When I read that Lupus causes complications in pregnancies, another light bulb went on...especially for the doctors in Stanford Hospital.

Everyday, I learn a little bit more. Thanks for the advice
    46 year old mother of two diagnosed with SLE 2 yrs ago.
    Meds: Plaquinil, azathrioprine, cymbalta, water pill, folic acid, low dose asprin, and a medication to help me sleep.

Thanks

46 year old mother of two diagnosed with SLE 2 yrs ago.
    Meds: Plaquinil, azathrioprine, cymbalta, water pill, folic acid, low dose asprin, and a medication to help me sleep.