Thread: whats mild lupus?

Thanks

Default whats mild lupus?

wow i have put this off for 2 years. i guess i really just never wanted to deal with the truth. but i'm sick and i need help. my doc says my lupus is mild, but if this is mild i hate to think what might come next. same as so many of you, flu like stuff, joint pain, fevers, so much depression and anxiety (thats much harder then the body pain- did yours get better??). i guess i want to know if you really have found a peacful way to live with this, do you just press pass the pain and show up for life? i want my love of life back, i want to help others who have this. but i guess i need so guidence. so sorry about the spelling ops:

thanks,
    melinda

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mild Lupus generally involves a distinctive butterfly-shaped rash over the nose and cheeks. Mild lupus may also involve myalgia and arthralgia. Mild Lupus usually does not involve internal organs. Severe or systemic lupus (SLE) involves inflammation of multiple organ systems such as the heart, lungs, or kidneys.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default i have that too

yeah, i geuss i have mild lupus too. didnt know there was a difference. but im with you, if this is mild, whats next?! ive found a mostly peaceful way to live with this....but if it gets worse?! i have the butterfly rash on my face, but i recently got two round rashed on my arm. what are those?! and why do they act like the one on my face?! kinda scared. but ill be ok. depression and anxiety are the worse things to deal with. rashes are nothing compared to them.
    sara
    ps. happy cows DONT come from CA....

Thanks

My lupus is mild as well. I don't have the rash - rosacea instead! I usually have enough energy to make it through a day of work, though being up this late at night is a rarety - couldn't sleep!

But I do have sun senstivity, and bad days I can hardly move I hurt and have such fatigue. What has helped me have more good days than bad?

exercise - about 45 minutes/day, 5 days/week. Walking, light weights.

diet - no meat (I do eat fish), LOTS of fruit, veggies.

ground flax, turmeric, ginger every a.m. (an acquired taste, to be sure!)

vitamins, fish oil, D, E, B complex.

And meditation. I find a quiet time every day, not long, but time for me to reflect and realize that life is good. Because it is truly a blessing!