Thread: Hi, new here

Thanks

Default Hi, new here

I've been diagnosed for awhile, but my lupus symptoms have been getting progressively worse over the last give years. I'm in my mid fifties, and have no health insurance. I try to use all the holistic, nutritional and herbal treatments I can.

Hope to learn something new here.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi fl grower,

welcome to a very helpful, compassionate group of people. There is a wealth of knowledge among the group, and I hope you find the group helpful.

I , am also mid 50s, remission for about 15 years, has been back since 1996, recently it has progressed with a furry. Am presently being checked for kidney involvement.

I want to fight without typical medication, but I have not found a lot of supporting documentation for natural/holistic treatment.

I hope I can learn from your experiences.

again, welcome and good luck,

share a smile today,

Thanks

Hi Fl_grower,
    Welcome to the site. My name is Kathy and I just turned 50 last month. I am sorry that you have this rotten illness with no health insurance. I am on a lot of medications as I also have SLE, Lupus big time. I have had it for years and for years did not take medications for it. I wish that I could be optomistic about Hallistic medicines, but to me I personally think that it can be dangerous big time. I think that you may need to be on Plaquenil and an NSAID at the very least. Lupus can be dangerous big time and you really need to be under the care of a good Rheumatologist. I hope that you keep posting and I would like to get to know you better.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Hi and welcome! You will find this forum and the people on it amazing They will help answer any question you have and offer support through the difficul times and celebrate with you when things start to look up :!: I understand about the insurance. I actually have insurance; however, they do not cover all the medication I need. I went to pick up my medicine tonight and the bill was over $300 :!: What can we do to make it easier :?: I am sending you gentle hugs and please keep posting so we can get to know you even more
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Fl_grower,

Welcome to our group. I'm Rob, and I was diagnosed with SLE five years ago. I'm 40 years old. You'll find we are a pretty laid back group, and there are some incredibly helpful, and supportive people here. Please make yourself at home here.

Rob