Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sad way to start new year

Thanks

Default sad way to start new year

I just found out that my aunt (like second mom) has colon cancer. She is probably going to have emergency surgery on friday. She's only 40 yrs old but has been having pain for a few months. I really need support and prayers right now. I'm worried about this stress bringing on a flare. I'm not sure what to do. We have always been so close that my mom is actually jealuos of the relationship. My aunt doesn't want anyone to know because they will prob talk bad about it. I want to go see her when she's at the hospital but I have bronchitis and think I should keep my distance. I don't want her to catch this. I'm already on prednisone so dr said I shouldn't even be coughing. I'm prob going to have to up my dose. Is it a good idea that I don't go to hosp? I'm really lost right now. I know she has to have the surgery before they can even tell what stage it is. I have already lost a few loved ones. I'm 28 yrs old and the hardest was my younger brother 2 yrs ago. I'm still not over that and crying just thinking about it. I'm not ready to lose someone else. Please pray...

Thanks

Gentle hugs to ya karli

I'll keep you and your loved ones in my prayers. It's been a tough year for me as well.

I lost my favorit aunt 2 months ago. Now her husband (my favorit Uncle) is in the hospital.

He's pretty much given up since he lost his wife. It's breaking my heart.

I understand the difficult choice you are facing. If you are contagious then you could wear a face mask if it's too hard not to go.

My cousins were keeping the family away from the hospital when my aunt was not well.

I HAD to see her. The only reason they didn't want people going is because her memory was gone.

I snuck in to see her any way. She was a lovely lady. Even if she didn't really know who she was anymore, she stayed true to her heart. She was sweet and kind as always.

I'm very glad that I got the chance to visit here one last time.

I lost my mom when I was 27, my aunt has always been there for me and lived just down the street, so to have her suddenly cut out of my life was very hard to take.

Do what's in your heart to do and be at peace with that.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Thanks I didn't even think of wearing a mask. I will do that. I'm not really thinking straight right now so am really grateful for the help. Hope ur uncle gets better soon. I've watched loved ones just give up. It is so hard to go through I will add u to my prayers also. God doesn't give us more than we can handle right? Seems so hard some days.

Thanks

Hi Karli,
    I am sorry to hear about your Aunt. It is so hard when our loved ones get sick and it is rough to handle it big time. I just lost my sister-in-law earlier this month and it is rough to deal with it. I will keep you and your Aunt in my prayers. I hope that all goes well with her.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

You and your aunt are in my prayers.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi karli,

I will include you and your aunt in my prayers. I just spent the last three days with a 29 year old young lady that my daughter and I met while battling my dauther's breast cancer. This young lady has since been batling colon and liver cancer (her younger brother is seriously ill with same cancers). and they both are loosing the struggle. We just put her on a plane for her last trip home to Michigan to be with her brother and mother. Such a tragic story....loss is so difficult, leaves a real void spot in the heart.

Prayers to you and your family,

Thanks

Thanks everyone. I'm hoping that it hasn't spread to other organs but won't know until after the surgery. I can't tell my mom yet and she keeps calling and she can tell I've been crying. I told her its just my cold. I hate lying but have to honor my aunts requests.

I can barely handle one person in my family with cancer. It seems impossible to bare having 2 people with it esp siblings. How is their mother doing?

How is your daughter? How are you coping with it? Did the stress cause any flares? Hope u didn't have any flares.

Thanks

Oh Karli, I am so sorry you are going through this :cry: You and your family are in my throughts. I am sending you happy thoughts of healing that you can pass on to your aunt. Hang in there and keep talking to us, we are all here for you right now.
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

Thanks for all the prayers. They are much needed and have helped me calm down. She is having surgery on monday at noon. I might leave work early to be there or else I'll go after my rhuemy appt that afternoon. She has to spend this weekend "cleaning" herself out. Yuck! I feel so bad for her, wish I could make it go away. She's the youngest patient the surgeon has ever had. I guess we just got a bad deal too bad we can't redeal in life like you can with cards...

Thanks

I just had surgery and had to do the whole cleaning yourself out.......all I have to say is that I walked lighter into surgery :!: I will be thinking about your aunt on Monday and send her wonderful thoughts Hang in there and keep us posted on how she does.
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram