Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another Flare?

Thanks

Its great that your feeling better. Just in time for another monday, hope it doesn't hit you too hard.

I love how people like to share germs. I'm trying to get over a cough that I've had for 3 wks. I already saw the dr and lungs are clear which is good. I just wish the cough would go away. I miss the days when things didn't hit me so hard. The joys of lupus and prednisone...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

tbh karli i hate mondays with a passion im feeling great happy healthy, i cry because of bloody mondays i try find an excuse not to take it but i kno it will get better eventually-fingers crossed aye?

oh yeah its not the coffin that carries you off in, it the coughing thats carries you off in lol or summin like tht my nan resites it to me (shes from the east end E17 of london) so always makes me smile with her cockney rhymin slang,
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Thanks

I love how you can hear you accent in your writing. How long have you been on the M injects (I can't spell the name)? Does it work better than prednisone? I haven't noticed anything from plaquenil yet but I know it can take a long time. Oh the joys of trying different pills...

Anyways I hope tomorrow goes good for you!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hmm your not the first person to say that il doubt your be the last lol i actually cant hear ppls accents in reading their posts lol, M? medrol injections? or methotrexate? medrol is cool when it kicks in!! methotrexate sucks, plaq sorta does take a time to take it, my eye sight is really poor now i lied to the dr and said it was fine lol, anyway ermm pred i dont take no more did weird things to my stomach so i get the injection whoop

Thanks

Hey Monkey, I'm new to this forum...I've been following this conversation. I'm interested in how methotrexate works for you. Right now I take 600mg of plaquinil and azithroprine(immuran)sp??...along with an anti-depressent, something to help me sleep, and a water pill. I still have flares. The doctor s were talking about putting me on methotrexate. I read the side effects can be pretty rough. I hate prednisone. For one I can't afford the weight gain, and it also messes up my stomach. You said it sucks...how does it affect you?[/quote]
    46 year old mother of two diagnosed with SLE 2 yrs ago.
    Meds: Plaquinil, azathrioprine, cymbalta, water pill, folic acid, low dose asprin, and a medication to help me sleep.

Thanks

Iseedeadmonkeys I was asking about methotrexate also. I really want to get off of prednisone. I'm going to dr tomorrow and thinking about asking if this is a possiblity. Thanks for the reply earlier and sorry that I didn't spell it out. I hope that danica and you have a great M day or the best that it can be.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Karli and Mary-Jane 8)

Ok so lets be honest here..........the pred did not work for me but i think it depends on the person :?: as we are not all the same (thankfully lol)

Methotrexate has some ugly side affects as you have prob read up on but as i say before each person is quite diff, so my side affects on taking them are feeling achy, heavy head/flu like symptoms, sickness although ive not really been sick-very close to it tho, dizziness like the room spins so i sit down a hell of alot on mondays , hair loss :!: not really had too much of a prob with it theres more hair in the bath than usaul but im kinda lucky really only small clumps come out and i have thick hair so it doesnt really show, headaches too, BUT on the upside after the first 3 days of taking it, i feel fantastically great 8) back to my normal chatty happy sarcastic self which is pretty fab, the pains aint there either, if you are going onto mtx remember its takes a bit of getting used to (like with any drug) im still newish to mtx and now my dose has gone up its hard to adjust to the changes :!: but you know its not too bad if a wimp like me takes it, it does make me upset that i take it, dont get me wrong i have a good old cry about it from time to time, but i think to myself if i wasnt on it then i would be in agony!! So thats it really, i stick to the internet mondays and tuesdays to try and fight my way thru these 3 days, it gets alot easier hope this has answered your questions, feel free to ask me anything im happy to help xx

Thanks

Thanks for all the info. I'm going to ask my dr about it this afternoon. I can't afford to gain anymore weight and don't want a moon face or hump on my back. Prednisone has some weird side effects. I think I'm going to use an fmla day today since I've only slept 1hr and am supposed to get up in less than 2 hrs. The joys of insomnia. I even took cough syrup with codiene and still didn't knock my a$$ out. LOL!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I forgot to say, dioreeha (sp?) i know that thats a pain but trust me its all better out than in :? , always get plenty of rest i should say its prob better to take it on a monday night so you can sleep the first bit of it off, but i get scared il stop breathing lol (another mind thing), i never plan anything for mondays tuesdays and wednesdays coz i kno i wouldnt be able to do them, take it easy and goodluck lemme know whats happening cheers xx

Thanks

Is there a reason why u picked mondays? I'm thinking that with working during the week I should try friday nights and just be stuck at home for the weekend in case I'm sick.