Thread: UV Window Blocks

Thanks

Default UV Window Blocks

Hi,
    Does anyone have experience with the use of films on windows to block out UVA and UVB? I have put a UV blocking film on my car windows and I no longer need to use sunscreen on sunny days when in my car. We are looking to add the film to the windows of our house. Anyone have any experience with this? Thank you.

Ann

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

HI ANN :lol:
    My husband installed UV sun films on the windows of all of our cars due to my lupus. We tried to get a doctor's note for them, but that went over like a lead balloon.
    I have found that it was a great help in my not having to lather up with sunscreen every time I wanted to drive to the corner market. However, I do continue to use sunscreen when I intent to be out in the sun for more than 30 minutes.
    The UV film are beneficial, in my opinion!!

Saysusie

Thanks

My mom had my car windows tinted limo tint. I have to have a doctor's note with me at all times just in case I'm pulled over. Which I have been.
    You too shall overcome this!

Thanks

Huh, I was once told that UV didn't penetrate windows, I've just read a bit more and now know why I feel so bad after a journey on a sunny day *sigh*

I'm glad I know now, can do something about it! Thanks all

Thanks

Default UV Window Blocks

I'm curious about something along this line. I do not get rashes. I recently realized that I do have a sensitivity to the sun though. I have gotten a realy back sunburn a couple of times even though I was covered up. I just find that the sun actually just gives me the heebie-jeebies, I just didn't really notice it before.

Does the tint prevent you from getting rashes or does it just feel much better for you to have it on your car.

Also, as a side note, I'd be interested in what brands of sunscreen anyone likes particularly. I do not like anything greasy on my skin but I think that I probably need to start wearing sunscreen.......either that or get a job as a vampire.

Thanks,

Andyman

Thanks

I thought it was illegal to have those window blocks on your front windows?
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

In response to your question about sunscreen - we were told by the dermatologists at Children's Hospital that they recommend the brand Ombrelle with SPF 35. I actually asked about the higher SPF protection, and they told us that anything over 35 really is just to make the consumer feel more protected. Should you buy another brand, make sure it has UVA and UVB protection. Hope it helps.
    Everything good is possible !!

Thanks

Mommymc:

Thanks! This is very good data. I appreciate it!

Andyman