Thread: Hello Im new on here!

Thanks

Default Hello Im new on here!

Hi
    My name is Emma (Em)
    I've JUST heard about this site. I've not been on a Forum type site b4 so hope im not messing this up lol!
    I have Lupus obviously, SLE.
    I'd love to hear from others and look forward to using this site regularly.

Thanks

Welcome Em,

I've not been diagnosed as yet, I've had a mix of possitive, boarder line and negative ANA tests.

My mother had lupus, my sister has been diagnosed for many years, I've had many symptoms since I was 18 or 19 yrs old, but it's just been the last couple of years that things have gotten worse.

This site has been very helpful to me and great source of comfort and support.

I'm sure the others will be along soon to welcome you.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hi Em,

I am also new on here - I have had a massive rant and now I feel a lot better! I have found just reading things posted by others with the same condition has helped me a lot - my friends dont really understand (although they try to) and it is nice to be able to talk with people going through the same thing...

I looked in the mirror this morning and saw I have my first ever butterfly rash. At first I was really upset, as having something physical that you can SEE made it really real...but now I am ok about it - it almost feels like a 'rite of passage' that at least I have something now people an see...

although I am wondering how long will it last? it is still there...I keep looking at myself in the mirror and the damn thing has not disappeared...will I have it a long time? Why does it appear? I dont understand, and with this disease, I have a feeling there is always going to be new things that I never will understand the whole thing.

Thanks

Hi Novastar

The butterfly rash was my first symptom. It appeared when I was 18 yrs old.

For me, I've had it ever since. It fades off but certain things seem to flare it up.

Being is direct sunlight. Harsh chemicals (some make-ups and creams). Temperature changes. Intense heat or cold.

If it gets really bad my doctor gives me a cream to help settle it down.

I can't speak for others, so perhaps it goes away. I've gotten used to it and have found Cover Girl foundation (oil free) works well on my skin.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome Em. I'm glad that you found us and that you decided to join us!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome Elm,

As you can see, there will always be someone to answer questions. Welcome,

share a smile today,

Thanks

Welcome emma!

Novastar I got a big laugh from ur post when u tried to curse. It says holy censor batman. So funny. Lol!

Thanks

Hi Em,
    Welcome to the site. This is a really nice site. My name is Kathy and I just wanted to welcome you to the site.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.