Thread: Hello-Introduction

Thanks

Default Hi

Hi my name is Mary I am 46 yrs old and I have just recently been DX with lupus. I am a nurse so I know a little about lupus, but not very much so I am learning just like everyone else. I also have a sister who has lupus and was told it does run in families.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hello Mary,

Welcome to our group. I went ahead and made your introduction it's own topic so it will be easier for people to see, and say hello, rather than having it somewhat lost in the board rules post. I'm Rob, I'm 40 and was diagnosed with Lupus five years ago. Like you, I have a family member who also has Lupus, my mother. I hope you find the info here helpful. We have a bunch of members who have lived with lupus for many years, so there's a good deal of practical advice, and support to help people cope with this disease. Welcome, and please make yourself at home.

Rob

Thanks

Thank you Rob, I believe I have had lupus for a long time just never could get the doctor I had at the time refer me to a rheumatologist, after having severe pain in my left shoulder that wasn't being relieved from infections was sent to one, and she did MRI on my shoulder and my back which has hurt for about 15 or more yrs, found that I have severe arthritis in my back and shoulders, also found arthritis in my hands, feet, knee, and ankles. Did all of the lab work and she said all of the test she did for lupus came back positive, also the antiphospholipid antibody came back positive so was placed on 325mg ASA daily because I haven't had any DVT's or clots, currently do have some cellulitis in my lower legs, my sister who has it has had PE and has DVT's, she had a baby 1 and half yrs ago, and had to be on lovenox during her pregnancy, and everything was ok. I really want to learn all I can about lupus. I have a 7 yr old niece that I think has it, she has a rash on her foot and ankle that looks just like one of the lupus rashes and she was DX with Type 1 diabetes in April 1 month after her 7th birthday, she also gets the butterfly rash on her face, and she has myself and my sister (2aunts) who have lupus and her faternal grand mother also has it, so I told my sister to have her PCP send her to a pedi rheumatologist. I am so glad I found this site, was surfing the web trying to find some place like this because lupus is so misunderstood, and miss diagnosed.

Thanks

Hi Mary,
    Welcome to the site. This is a great site. I have Lupus and have had it most of my life. I just turned 50 in December. I am sorry to hear about your nieces situation. I also have a younger sister with Lupus and a great Aunt that they believe passed from it before I was born. I hope that you keep posting.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Hi Mary!!!!

Welcome :!: You have come to the right place for support and understanding! Everyone her is amazing and you are never alone, there is at least one person who will have gone through the same thing as you We are here to get you through the bad times and to celebrate with you through the good times Kepp posting and I look forward to getting to know you :angel:

Love,

Danica
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram