Thread: New to the boards but not to Lupus

Thanks

Default New to the boards but not to Lupus

Hello All,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kim and I have been living with Lupus for almost 16 years now. I was diagnosed at the age of 17 during my senior year of high school. I am one of the lucky ones that now lives relatively pain free after some really dark years. I was able to get off of disability and go back to school to get my AA degree. I have been working full time in a law office for three years now with no problems to speak of really (knocks on wood). I just found this board and can't wait to get to know you all better. Have a happy and hopefully pain free holiday everyone.

Hugs,
    Kim

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh hi,

My name is Angel and wow what hope you give. Welcome to this site!!! Well done to you getting your exams and now working in a law office...very impressive. You have a very Merry Christmas and i'll post here soon...sorry its a short one.

Love Angel.xx

Thanks

Welcome Kim,

Glad you found us, hope you stay healthy for a very very very long time

My sister was diagnosed back in the 80's, she has been in remission for many years.

I've had symptoms on and off since my late teens, I'm 48 now, but I am not diagnosed...long stupid story that ends with rheumy is an idiot.

This is a great board, lots of very kind friendly and humorous souls. It's a great port in a storm or in good times.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and welcome to our family Kducks :lol:
    I am happy that you've joined us and so glad to hear that your Lupus is manageable. I hope that your mild symptoms remain that way or that you achieve a form of remission that continues forever.
    Whatever stage your Lupus is in, you are most welcome to this family. The people here are very kind, knowledgeable, caring, and comforting. I'm glad that you are here with us.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Kim,
    Welcome to the site. I am very glad that you are doing good and I hope you have a very good Christmas.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Hi Kim!

I am so excited to get to know you You have a very inspirational story and we all we be able to benefit from you Welcome and feel free to talk to us about anything you are going through or even how great you are feeling :angel:

Love,
    Danica
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram