Thread: thank you

Thanks

Default thank you

Every time I get on this site I smile. It is nice to know there are people that can actually understand what I am going through and not look at me like I am a nut job. The comments left by all of you are so warm and optimistic, I just want to give you all a BIG thank you! It makes me feel like I am not alone.

I am still very depressed, it has been almost 3 years now since I got diagnosed, when do I stop feeling bad for myself and start living again?

Thanks

Hi,
    I am very glad that you found this site. Believe me none of us will ever look at you like you are a nut job. We definitely know how you feel as we all feel bad at times and Lupus is definitely not easy to live with. I hope that you can get over the depression and I will have you in my prayers and I hope that you have a really good Christmas.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

So glad we bring you a smile!

It is good to be among friends - people who really understand. To have a shoulder to lean on, a person to laugh with, someone who listens.

May your coming year have wonderful times of friendship, health, and smiles.
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hi,

Yes so glad you are here, we do understand how bad it can get and how you can go lower than low and noone seems to be able to reach us stuck in that darkness......but in here....its like heaven.....like fluffy chocolate (ANgels mouth waters as she goes on a bit lol )and here people really do understand.
    So i am glad you are here!

Love
    Angel.xxx

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Sickntired,

I'm glad you found this place, and all of us here. You are certainly not alone, not by a longshot. This place is a safe little corner of the world where, as you've discovered, there are others just like you who understand. And it's safe because nobody here will ever accuse you of being crazy, or tell you it's all in your head. It's been five years now since my diagnosis. The years since, have been both awful, and great. There was a darkness and hopelessness that engulfed me after my diagnosis. Losing my business, my life, friends, fiancee, and family led me almost to my end via suicide. The years since, have seen things improve, but I still have active flares on a constant basis. Despite that, I'm feeling bad about myself less and less, and I'm beginning to really enjoy many aspects of my life even though I'm living with Lupus. I had to accept my situation, learn my limits, and realize that life is very different for me now. Coming to terms with those things, and choosing to talk to others with this disease, have really helped to bring back some enjoyment, and purpose to my life.

You can begin to get away from the bad feelings, and begin to enjoy life again, but it takes time, and we all do it in our own way. One thing I have learned about others who are suffering from this disease is that they are incredibly tough, resilient, and have a real gift for finding the good parts of life despite this disease. You may not feel very tough, or resilient right now, but I'd be willing to bet that you may surprise yourself one day. Things can, and will get better Sickntired.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas,

Rob

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi SicknTired;
    I am so happy to hear that we are able to help you in our small way and that we are also able to put a smile on your face.
    This is the place where you are completely understood, never judged, and ALWAYS welcome.

We are so very happy that you are here with us :lol:

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Default Re: thank you

Hello my friend I am so happy that you too find comfort here. I was blessed the day I found this forum and met all my new wonderful, loving friends You are not alone and we all know a bit about what you are going through. You asked when you will feel better......in time you will. It may take one person with Lupus a few weeks to emotionally and physically adjust and others it can take years :? I know it is frustrating and hard and so time consuming but be patient and I promise you one day it will be easier. I think it will be sooner than you think because now you have us and we will be your support system Having a healthy support system behind you all the time makes a world of a difference Just give it time and until you feel better, we are all here and always will be :angel:

Love,

Danica

quote="sickntired"]Every time I get on this site I smile. It is nice to know there are people that can actually understand what I am going through and not look at me like I am a nut job. The comments left by all of you are so warm and optimistic, I just want to give you all a BIG thank you! It makes me feel like I am not alone.

I am still very depressed, it has been almost 3 years now since I got diagnosed, when do I stop feeling bad for myself and start living again?[/quote]
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

Default Re: thank you

Quote Originally Posted by sickntired
    I am still very depressed, it has been almost 3 years now since I got diagnosed, when do I stop feeling bad for myself and start living again?
    What about today? Today is as good a day as any.

Mark it as ''start of day one'' of starting to live

Alternatively I found therapy very useful.