Thread: Ok, help me out here....

Thanks

Default Ok, help me out here....

I just saw my rheumatologist. He says I am in early diagnosis of SLE. What does that mean, is there a late diagnosis?
    I have history of mylar flushing/reddness during summer, joint pain and muscle pain, Low Iron, Mouth ulcers, fatigue.

I am on plaquinel 400mg daily.

Now he tells me I also have fibromyalgia do to my pressure points. Now I am confused, because they are so similar in the pain area.

Do they go hand in hand. Is it not Lupus and just fibro, or is it both????

Thanks

Camille

Thanks

Hi Camille,
    A lot of times the Auto-immune disorders overlap each other. It does happen sometimes where you can have Lupus and Fibro at the same time. I have Lupus and Sjogrens. Saysusie I believe has the same thing and she can probably tell you more.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Just to say hello and welcome. I am also new here and am learning like you, so i wont give advice, but you will find many helpful lovely people here who can help you.

Love
    Angel.xx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Many of us have auto-immune diseases with overlapping illnesses. Two or more of these illnesses can occur in a patient at the same time. I, myself, have Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Raynaud's, and others.
    An early diagnosis of Lupus probably means that all tests have not yet confirmed a definitive diagnoses but your symptoms and other clinical evidence points to Lupus.
    I have 11 of the 14 pressure points for Fibromyalgia. While the symptoms are similar, the illnesses are not. Lupus is a disease..a chronic disease. Fibromyalgia is a condition. The biggest difference is that a disease can be life-threatening, a condition cannot!
    Lupus affects every part of the body and is a disease of inflammation. This inflammation can damage tissues, muscles, blood vessels, neurological systems, and vital organs. Fibromyalgia causes widespread pain, mostly in the muscles, and maigraines, bowel dysfunction, TMJ, sleep disorders etc.
    Often, it is difficult for me to discern if my symptoms of pain etc. are due to my Fibromyalgia or my Lupus. I've decided to stop trying to differentiate and I just treat my symptoms so that I can get relief.
    So, it is quite possible for you to have both Lupus and Fibromyalgia. These two are seen together more often than not!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Default Re: Ok, help me out here....

It is very confusing and hard at times. Everyone is right. Lupus seems to overlap with a lot of other diseases. I have Lupus and Fybromialgia, Asthma, High Blood Pressure and a few other skin issues. They all seem to go hand in hand in my case. Hopefully the meds they have you on will help with both of yours. I am sending you happy thoughts and gentle hugs and I hope this finds you a little more comfortable than you have been :angel:

Love,

Danica

Quote Originally Posted by camillelj
    I just saw my rheumatologist. He says I am in early diagnosis of SLE. What does that mean, is there a late diagnosis?
    I have history of mylar flushing/reddness during summer, joint pain and muscle pain, Low Iron, Mouth ulcers, fatigue.

I am on plaquinel 400mg daily.

Now he tells me I also have fibromyalgia do to my pressure points. Now I am confused, because they are so similar in the pain area.

Do they go hand in hand. Is it not Lupus and just fibro, or is it both????

Thanks

Camille
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram