Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bladder changes

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Bladder changes

Sorry, can you also tell me......at night as i lay down in bed....i keep having to get up and go for a wee. Even when i just had one and get back into bed, i feel like im bursting to go again. This can happen between 5 and 15 times a night. Is this normal? I am 39 and not really overweight yet my abdomen makes me look like im 9month pregnant lol. I do have irritable bowel though. Its very sore to touch and if my cat jumps on the bed....and does his paw thing where he's lifting paws up n down for comfort.....it hurts so much....he is only a small thing and not heavy at all, yet he hurts my belly so much. (i do move him).

Angel.xxx

Thanks

I am also having some problems with urination....that sounds so formal :!: I feel like I keep having to go, just like you and when I actually do go I have a problem pushing it out.......now that sounds gross :? I have no idea what it is or why it is happening I do not have pain :cry: Maybe someone can jump in and help us out a bit.....lol Thank you for sharing and letting me share too :angel:
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

One of the problems that I have during flares is urethritis and cystitis (confirmed through cystoscopy), which basically feels like I have a constant UTI, yet not an infection, just inflammation. I remember before I even began any medications, as this was the first symptom, I would have bad urgency where I felt like I had to go again just after I went. It is uncomfortable and frustrating.

I've read that typically in a classic UTI, the inflammation affects a certain muscle in your bladder, which produces that sensation of urgency.
    So, it would be safe, though, to let your doctor know so that he/she can rule out an infection or anything else that could cause nocturnia so that you can feel better! Urinary problems are rough, ugh.

Also, with my experience, I have found pyridium to help with any burning and urgency, and another drug called urelle or urised both help with the bladder spasms(seems like what you are dealing with), yet they seem to take longer to kick in.

Haha, by the way, the paw thing that your kitty does is calling "making muffins". When cats do that, they mimic what they do when they nurse with their mother, so in theory, if you kitty does that to you, she regards you as her mother! =) My cat does that, too, and I love it; it's so cute how she becomes so relaxed from doing it.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

This is an interesting thread!!

i had my friend over she sleep in my bed, and she says she has never known someone to go the the toilet so much in one night!
    i thought it was normal to go to the toilet about 3 times in the night,
    ive always done it lol, thing is where im so dry (mouth) at night im constantly guzzling water throughout the day and even more so at night, it doesnt bother me, but does bother me when i get up and the cat thinks its time for play or breakfast lol, she also sits on my belly doing the comfort thing whats up with tht at night time lol ?
    **The next £ or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•☆.。.•*✿♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•☆.。 .•*✿

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hi,

As i write my cat is ''making muffins'' hehehehe i like that name lol.

Well i am glad im not alone. I feel a bit embarrased when i stay at peoples houses cause i wee soooooooo loud and sooooooooo long i feel i have a mega phone making it sound louder lol. And can you imagine i can go over 10 times a night on a bad night. Oh and then the trump at the end lol...oh so sexy i must say hehhehehehe.

Love
    Angel.xxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi everyone,

don't know all of the specifics, but i have read that lups with kidney involvement causes this night time peeing attack. I can go for hours during the day and never go, but at night, i am up too many times to count.

share a smile today,

Thanks

I understand about the night time pee Maybe the reason I am still soooooo tired every morning........I was up all night in the bathroom
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Yes see you all have the same as me. This is why i am so confused my Consultant told me ''it must be M.E''. I have so many symptoms of Lupus its unreal. I know the symptoms of M.E.....yet ...oh well i wont go on...i'll just wait for my letter of reply from the Consultant to see what he says is wrong with me. Oh how i wish i could win the Lottery to get a private Doctor and know for sure. So frustrating!!

Love Angel.xx

Thanks

Oooh wow. :?

I don't mean to scare you but your symptoms sound soooooo familar.

I'm no expert or urologist, but I know my stuff when it comes to the bladder, as I have been dealing with a condition that affects me daily...

But before I jump to any conclusions...

do you take any diurectics??? These are medications that cause frequency and this could be the culprit.

But if not...

You may just have over-active bladder, which is easily treatable with some different OAB meds.

But with the tummy bloating, its sounds like it COULD be Interstitial Cystitis. Interstitial cystitis, is not just "cystitis" which is often the medical term was a UTI, Interstitial cystitis is a incurable bladder condition where the bladder walls become inflammed, its often difficult to treat, but can be managed with the right dr.

Do you have pain while voiding?? Bladder spasms? Do you have pain in general in your pelvic region?

Anyways I hope you talk with your dr. about this, and maybe you can get whatever is going on under control.
    "at the end of the day, you either focus on what separates you, or what holds you together..."

24 years old

Interstitial cystitis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Fibromyalgia, IBS, Hypertension, Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, Ovarian cysts, Vasovagel, Reynauds.

...waiting for a Lupus diagnosis

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh thanks for your input. Yes i do have pain. I have told my doctor but he does'nt seem to bothered about it.
    This week i have actually had allot of trouble peeing. I feel like im bursting, run to (or should i say gentle walk to)the loo and find nothing is happening.Im having to concentrate to make myself pee and then it comes out in trickles and burns a little. Then i walk away and know im still bursting to go. Now, ive had a lot of jaw and teeth pain this week, so took Tramadol so maybe it's caused by this drug im not too sure. But what scared me was i was lay on the bed and i peed a little (so sexy lol) and had to go to the loo again......and sat there for ages before i peed again. I think now im 39 i must need those baby pants to wear lol This is the first time its ever happened to me.

Love
    Angel.xxx