Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi all....new to the group

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ruby;
    Hello and welcome to our family where, as you've seen, everyone certainly understands what you've gone through and you are most certainly never alone. I think that many of us, when we look back, have come to understand that we've suffered from the symptoms of Lupus for many, many years before we were diagnosed.
    I was diagnosed in 1985, but I look back at my High School and Jr. High School years and have realized that the many illnesses, aches, and pains that I suffered then were probably due to Lupus and the doctors just had no idea. They blamed it on my age, my physical activities (I was an athlete), and, of course, my imagination!
    I am glad that you decided to join us. You will find people here with a wealth of information, limitless understanding, a genuine desire to comfort and an unending gift of caring. There is always someone here when you need to talk and this is a place where you are never judged, never dismissed and are always welcome. You Are Not Alone!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Diva58;
    Welcome to our family. I know exactly what you mean by renting your body from Lupus. I've never thought of it that way, but it is such an appropriate description :lol:
    Since you are the million dollar woman, that means that you are a very valuable person. We want you to know that you are not alone and that you are certainly valuable to us.
    I am approximately your age and have been diagnosed with Lupus since 1985 (although I think that I suffered from Lupus for many years prior to that). We both have many many more years ahead of us and so it is important that we continue to take very good care of ourselves and that we learn how to manage Lupus (and its varied overlapping illnesses) so that we can continue to live a relatively normal life.
    I'm glad that you found us and that you decided to join us. You will find that this is a place where you are always welcome and were everyone is dedicated to helping you in any way that we can!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Default Re: New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Diva58
    Hello everyone you are kinda sorta my Christmas gift to myself. I have SLE and just got home from the hospital I had a tube placed in my heart I call myself the million dollar woman I have two others in both legs. I was diagnoused in 2002 with Lupus,but as I think back to my childhood I feel like I was born with some gene that causes it.I tell all my Dr.s I now rent my body from Lupus as it really runs the joint :lol: :lol: . I am 58 live with my Tibetian spanial,I named her Ms.Celie after a person in the Color Purple. I am not a very talkie person but I shall try to post as often as possible,so for now Merry Christmas to all.
    Hi Diva,

I like your analogy of "renting" your body from Lupus. For me though, I gave up renting it and I now steal my body at gunpoint from old Mr. Lupus whenever possible. I'm glad you joined our group, and I just wanted to say welcome!

Rob

Thanks

Default Thanks for the kind words

Thanks for the kind words!
    I'll get you my pretty...and your little dog too.

Thanks

Hi Ruby and Diva,
    Welcome to the site. My name is Kathy and I have SLE, Lupus too. It is a very hard illness to live with at times. I am glad that you found this site. There are a lot of really nice folks that come in here and it sure helps to be able to talk with folks that understand what we are all going through. I hope that you two keep posting.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.