Thread: Drug reactions

Thanks

Question Drug reactions

Do any of you have bad reactions to certain drugs?

I ask as i had a sedation for a gastroscopy and they couldnt wake me up and had to rub my chest to wake me and I didnt respond, it took a couple of goes before I even opened my eyes and the doctor said even then I didnt respond. And it has been documented that I cant have this sedation again.

I also reacted for the first time to my flu shot, as soon as it went in my arm, my blood pressure shot up and then dropped (far too low).

I seem to be reacting to drugs, insect bites - everything.

All I know is that my chest is so painful now, even my necklace hurts to touch it - how could I have not felt them doing that?
    Last edited by Corella; 03-30-2013 at 04:52 PM.

Thanks

I'm allergic to sulfa drugs(many lupies apparently are according to LFA) as well as shrimp.
    And highly allergic to cats!

Thanks

Prawns make me feel unwell - not nauseous but my symptoms are worse but that is probably in my head.

Thanks

Yes! My list of meds to avoid is longer now than the list I take. It's scary every time they want to give me something new and I've just about run out of antibiotics. It started with the sulfa drugs, but there are several more, even some that I took when I was first diagnosed gave me problematic side effects the next time I took them. Good luck with that!