Thread: Sunscreen indoors

Thanks

Default Sunscreen indoors

Just curious how many wear Sunscreen when they are indoors.

I learnt that floresent bulbs can almost act like the sun and can make you sick. Odd. I was just wondering who actually wears sunscreen indoors.

At work they have very very bright floresent bulbs, I usually feel sick and usually very tired by the end of the day, but I never tied it to the lights. my cube is right under one of these shining down on me. So today i applied sunscreen in the morning (spf 70) and actually by the end of the day I was stilll feeling okay instead of tired. but I felt silly putting it on. it was a rainy december day,

could it have been a fluke or could the lights really draining the energy right out of me and make me tired and sick. I get sick in direct sunlight fast, is it the same thing. Anyone know the ratio, is six hours under bright floresent the same as 1 hour in normal sunlight.

anyone else have trouble at work?

Thanks

Hi Dave,
    Yes flourescant lighting does affect a lot of us big time. It is good to wear the SPF sunscreen at work. Do feel silly about wearing it. I wear it if I am around flourescant lighting. I also wear it in the house on my my face and hands and arms due to the lights in the kitchen. Does the light that you have to work under have an opaque shade over it at work? If not you can see your boss and see if they can put one on it. It is not a fluke that the light was making you sick. Keep using the sunscreen. There will be others that come in here that will have further advice.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Agree, suncsceen indoors can help! I only put on half the lights in my office - that's still bright enough to work. I'm lucky I can control that.

If you are significantly impacted, work with your doc to get a letter stating that you need a UVA/UVB screen on the lights above your desk. There are film-thingees (highly technical term, I know :roll: ) that apparently don't cost very much that act like a sunscreen on the light. Talk with your HR department about an ADA accommodation - which is what this would be. Should be an easy no-brainer, low cost and quick.

Can't remember who on this board mentioned that she left her hat on when going through stores - as they often have florescents blaring 24/7. If you must - wear a hat at your desk! Would make a new fashion statement... but if it makes you feel better, it is worth it.
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

Thanks

nope no protection screen, (I have seen these before) actually has reflective material around it to focus more light down.

I use floresents in my home, I wonder if it would be smarter to go back to regular lightbulbs and forget the $ savings.. do the new day light bulbs have more UV?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I use sunscreen 24/7 365 days/year. I do not use body lotions or oils..sunscreens are my body lotions!!!

:lol:
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!