Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Its M day

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Its M day

Ok its monday i know, but for those of you who take (like myself) MTX? my dose has been upped like i said in a previous post, i took it like 2 hours but i feel awful really sick like im gonna be sick :shock: surely my body has only just had the upped dose it cant be in my system already?? can it? anyway anyone got any good ideas of how to get rid of the sickness feeling? or shall i just grin and bare it!
    xx
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i think im just gonna take myself to bed, i ant handle this feeling lol, blimey i wouldnt last five mins with the flu, although i would much prefer to have the flu than this, anyway speak soon x

Thanks

Hi,
    Have you called your doctor to see if there is anything that they can do or give you to help you feel better? I don't know that much about that medication. Maybe Saysusie might have some answers for you. I hope that you get to feeling better.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Methotrexate is a drug that is also used for cancer patients and yes, it will make you ill not long after taking it. My daughter took her Methotrexate on Fridays and we called it her "Metho Day" because she had to spend the entire day in bed because it made her so ill (Nauseous etc.). By Saturday morning, she was fine. But the day of the dosage was definitely a down day.
    I hope that you feel better tomorrow..let us know how you are doing.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey well yesterday was not a good day, i was really ill and today im feelin it too, this week, but tht and the meth is mmaking me feel really ill lol when times are good i always have to step back a couple of paces, im completely off foood the thought of eating is making me feel worse, and either im due on or im coming down with summin coz i was running a temp last night, omg lol hmmm x

Thanks

Do you know how happy I was to find this post??????? SO HAPPY!!!!! I am not happy you have to take methotrexate but I also take that medication AND on Monday's! I get the injection around 8 on Monday night and by Wednesday morning I am much better. Monday is know as shot day in my house and Tuesday is a definite down day

I have asked my doctor is there was anything I could do in order to make the process a little more comfortable but they said it is a side effect and it will pass like everything else. I take some medicine for the pain right after the shot. I really want to stay on top of that and I try to close my eyes and get some sleep. If I start feeling really bad I will soak in a warm bath and just try to focus on something else. I try to read, watch a movie or look at a magazine.I know exactly how you feel and how yucky it is! I try to explain it to people, I can actually feel the medicine travel through my body as time goes on

Hopefully we can just get through it together! Next Monday know that there is someone else who is taking the same medicine as you, feeling like you too..........
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Excellent Danica!!
    what dose are you on of it? if you dont mind me asking?
    my dose has just gone up i look forward to seeing some benfits from it soon x

Thanks

I am at .7cc. I was originally at .5cc and there has been talk of going up to 1 cc but that is as far up as they can take me. Keep me updated on how you are feeling. What are you at right now?
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Blog Entries
    Thanks

im not sure what that cc is into relation of what im on, i was on 7.5mg and im on 10mg now, and omg you deffently kno your on a higher dose, lol yeah tuesdays suck big time dont they?! i never plan anything for mondays tuesdays and wed mornings, i take my MTX at 9am on monday so it gets better the more ya get used to taking it, but when it goes up lol ya kno about it, im sure i just said tht, im so tired lol i wanna go to bed but ive got a friend coming over after work and then il be in bed ive been up for 14 hours now, omg and there i go ramberling again lol, do you work still whilst you are on it? and how long have you been on it? ive been taking it since sept this year, im sooo glad christmas day doesnt fall on a monday tuesday or wednesday this year lol x

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Is 1cc 1 ml, therefore 100mg??? im really confused on this, internet aint giving me the answers i want lol help?