Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I am spiraling into sadness

Blog Entries
    Thanks

oy, i feel your pain! i'm 23, recently graduated college, and now i'm a grad student. it is HARD. sometimes i'm just so tired and in so much pain that i feel like i can't keep up, and grad school is very demanding. sometimes i just break down. i've been considering joining a support group for lupus or something, and maybe you should too. i would love to meet people in person who are going through what i am because i really don't know anyone who has lupus. just a distant friend of a friend... which doesn't really help me too much.

i hope things get better for you very very soon.
    23 year old clinical psychology grad student with lupus (SLE) and nephritis
    Medications: CellCept, Plaquenil, Prednisone, Lisinopril, Lipitor, OsCal+D

Thanks

Be Positive, It is easy to say than done..
    I hope you feel better sooon
    Last edited by ssingh; 03-23-2009 at 06:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You may feel overwhelmed most days but you are not alone. I'm probably around your parents age but the feelings of being alone in a crowd are the same no matter how old we are and people can be cruel no matter what age they are. It truly is shocking how shallow and intolerant some people are.

I agree with what Saysusie wrote, do we really want to be accepted by people who are immature empty headed bimbos? People have treated me like a societal scum just because I function differently. Here's an example; some days I have to ride the grocery store scooters. One time a little girl pointed at me and asked her mother why I was riding the scooter. As they walked past the mother told her "because she's too lazy to walk." I was too stunned to speak!

But you know what? That shallow woman who is jading her little girl is not worthy to be my friend. I have some terrific understanding friends now, most of them have faced some form of adversity that has given them a charitable compassion heart.

You will have some terrific friends in your future too. You just have not met them yet. If you stick around this forum these incredible people here will surround you with love and support. I was really down in the dumps when I first started reading and posting. I only wish I had found them sooner. It would be an honor for anyone to be your friend.

Love,
    Ayah
    Believe in Tomorrow - Appreciate Today
    http://twitter.com/LupieAyah

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tasha View Post
    oy, i feel your pain! i'm 23, recently graduated college, and now i'm a grad student. it is HARD. sometimes i'm just so tired and in so much pain that i feel like i can't keep up, and grad school is very demanding. sometimes i just break down. i've been considering joining a support group for lupus or something, and maybe you should too. i would love to meet people in person who are going through what i am because i really don't know anyone who has lupus. just a distant friend of a friend... which doesn't really help me too much.

i hope things get better for you very very soon.
    Congratulations Tasha!

What a wonderful achievement!

I hope you too can soon find supportive friends who understand. One of my best friends is the sweetest lady I actually met online. She is a cancer survivor and has been through so much. Even though we don't have the same medical problems, we have bonded as if we did. Medical adversity itself is a very spacious common ground. We live far apart but have managed to meet and spend a few days together. My other local friends have also faced medical challenges of one sort or another.
    Ayah
    Believe in Tomorrow - Appreciate Today
    http://twitter.com/LupieAyah

Thanks

Default Mamimo!

Sorry I feel very disoriented now cause I eat like 60mg of steroids as Im having the worst flare up in 3 years and I asked the doctor for mc from school for a week. Now I start having headaches and migraines (having one now), with the sudden increase in steroids. I cant sleep at night! Any tips to get by?

Sighs. I want to find a cure for lupus. I got 5 tests next week. (I think.) But I know I can do it. I am in a college now, first year. I hope I dont get retain. Okay. Migraine coming. I go rest first.

Thanks

Hey How are you doing today...have you been able to take anything for the depression? I do hope that you are at least feeling like reading on this forum. I can understand when I am feeling super down that it is hard to talk to others but reading does help...
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Default Depression?

Lupus comes with depression? So how do you all deal with it without medications? Im not taking any medication now and is depression caused by high doses of steroids? Please tell me! Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Please do not feel that you are alone because there are a lot on understanding people all over and God will nevere leave you. I was 58 when i first knew about my illness and some days it is better than other days and i refuse to let it control my life and will do the best i can with Gods help to cope. I know the frustrations that you face and can sympathise with you so hang in there and know that there are better days ahead and there is always someone here on this site who understands your problems because we have been there. Love Bonita

Thanks

Hey,
    You are deffinately not alone! I am 19 diagnosed when i was 12. My cousin was my closest friend but her and everyone else only act like the love me when they need me... when they don't need anything they completely ignore me... so crappy... My mom and dad are the closest thing that i have to friends... i haven't had a best friend since i was like 9-10 and since then i have only had ppl who were nice to me when other ppl were around then after that they all ignored me...

life is so not nice sometimes... lol

Amy
    message me anytime k?

Thanks

Sweetie, you most certainly are not alone. And I'm feeling so sad for you reading this. I'm quite a bit older than you, but understand how lost and alone you are feeling. Sometimes people don't understand what we're dealing with living with this disease. Sometimes when they don't understand the ups and downs of lupus they tend to ignore the person with it as a way of not having to deal with it. Also, some people are just plain mean. The only thing you can do with it is hold your head up high and remember the saying "The arse they kick today, may very well be the arse they have to kiss tomorrow".

I've lost most of my friends while dealing with this illness. I was once very active and outgoing, now I cancel plans all the time. So much so, that those once upon a time friends have stopped calling to invite me places. You really find out who the true people are in your life when you're struggling.

Everyone on here is dealing with this illness effecting all different aspects of their lives. Whether it be losing friends, struggling with simply trying to survive, searching for answers to this illness, or whatever. Everyone on here is struggling with something and very willing to help others that are struggling and suffering too.

I know it's hard for you right now. You're young and probably feeling like it's not fair that you have to suffer like this. You might be angry that while everyone else is busy worrying about what party they're going to this weekend and what the hottest gossip on campus is, you're stuck alone worrying about your hair thinning and falling out. Wondering if something will cause you to have an emotional breakdown today. You feel so alone, and that nobody out there understands what it's like to be going through what you're dealing with. You may feel like you have no friends right now, but I believe you have come to the right place.

These might just appear as words on the computer screen, but there is a very real person on the other side of this. A person with a heart and compassion, a person who knows all to well what it's like to suffer like this. Please give this forum a chance and get to know the people on here. They can be a great source for information, as well as that much needed shoulder when you feel so alone. I've been checking in on this forum pretty much everyday, if you need to vent, or just want someone to talk to that won't judge you, know that I'm only a mouse click away.

EDIT**Wow, just saw how old the original post is. But I still want to leave my response for all the others who may be feeling like this poor girl was.
    Last edited by Stacy; 06-29-2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Didn't realize the date of the OP
    "When life gives you lemons... search for the vodka"