Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Difficulty breathing?

Thanks

My lungs have been pretty tight and hurt pretty bad right now. I have to admit, I love my nebuliser and it has saved me from so much pain in the comfort in my own home! I highly recommend having one for home if you are having a hard time with your lungs! Good luck and I hope everyone is doing well tonight...............thinking of all of you!
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

i find this interesting because I have actually noticed that I have shortness of breath when I am walking for a longer period of time, like 10 minutes or 15. I start feeling light-headed, weak, and start huffing and puffing...so I guess I can emphasize with the prevalent breathing problems.

Thanks

I think the breathing problems are the hardest for me to deal with :? At times it makes it very hard to function in normail everyday life
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

Default chest wall pain

I too am having hard times breathing...have had pericarditis but found out it is just an inflamed chest wall and rib cage....i really can't intake a deep breath....my astma meds are not helping and it is driving me crazy
    leaf

Thanks

Hugs leaf,

Sorry to hear you are having troubles breathing. Have you been back to the doctor about this?

I know...it's means another trip to the doctor, but keep poking at them, letting then know that you are not doing well is in your own best interest...keep at them.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

You definitely want to be careful when the lungs act up......I ended up with pericarditis (inflammation of heart lining) and pleurisy (inflamm. of lung lining) at the same time some years ago. Had that tight heavy feeling, couldn't take a deep breath, felt like the 'elephant on my chest' thing. If you aren't able to take deep breaths and keep the lungs inflating, you can end up with pneumonia.

I spent my 19th birthday in the ER on that one. :cry: and then a 10 day inpatient stay.

I agree with others....you never mess around when your breathing/lungs are involved. It can get serious pretty quickly.

Best to always get it checked out......

Fondly,

Lori :P