Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Girlie girl stuff, fellas you may NOT want to ready this one

Thanks

Default Girlie girl stuff, fellas you may NOT want to ready this one

K,

Where do I begin...how about with a grrrrrrrrrrrrr stupid doctors.

I have mentioned that I have a cyst on each ovary and one on my cervix.

Well, today was horrific. I believe one of the cysts ruptured. I called the doctor's nurse from my office and she told me to come in ASAP.

So I get there and my doctor is not in but I get to see another doctor.

He tells me that the results from my last ultra sound....showed that one of the cysts had burst and resolved it's self...which is fine and dandy, but why did my doctor tell me that.

I asked him if he could give me something to slow down the bleeding. He said no he couldn't because of the arthrotec I'm taking. He said that the arthrotec is an anti inflamatory and he can't risk giving me another one.

In other words...suck it buttercup. :shock: He didn't say that too me but that's about what I had to do.

He's sending me for a bunch of blood work and making recommendations to my family doctor for a biopsy.

I was never told that I would be bleeding this much...it scared the living daylights out of me. Now it's completely stopped but that's when the pain has started.

I've not been put on an antibiotic. I can't help but wonder about walking around with ruptured bits inside me....that cant be a good thing.

Why the hell cant they explain things better. I even went to get the blood work done, not realizing it was a fasting blood test (insert a bunch of swear words here).

I could growl on but I think I'll stop there.

Thanks for letting me spout...grrrrrrrrr.

I am starting to come round...I just feel gut punched right now which is way way better than how I was feeling.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hi SITC,
    I am sorry to hear that this is happening to you. I hope that they can get it resolved for you and that you get to feeling better.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Wow SITC, you poor thing. So much for a person to deal with. It makes no since why they can't just know and fix things. That's just rediculous. I don't know what else to say, no wonder you've been out of sorts. I'd be out of my mind. Hugs............ hope you feel better soon, and may you get relief and answers soon.
    Cheryl

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey SITC;
    I agree with you totally about the failure to explain things completely or the failure to advise you of things. So much fear and trepidation could be avoided if doctors simply took the time to make sure that we understand what the heck is going on and why?
    I hop you are feeling a bit better. Let us know how your blood work comes out and if you decide to do the biopsy.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Susan....

That is awful..head hugs...Good heavens, what is happening to our health care 'professionals'...and I say professionals with doubt and sarcasm...

They tell us not to seek answers on the Internet, yet they don't provide us with any, or the minimum.

It seems to them it is just an everyday job, like filling a fast food order, in out and pay at the last window...

I am sorry you are left dangling...

They didn't say if the bleeding was from hemorrhaging or the unset of an irregular menses? I think you need to be re-examined so you can feel confident with your care..and lack of antibiotics....

Do go back....

Hugs,
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Thanks all

I'm sore today, but I had a good night's sleep. Went for the blood tests today.

Stayed home from work because I'm still in a fair bit of pain.

The blood work I had done this morning was very detailed. :lol: There was even a pregnancy test in there....cracking up here.

He's checking my hormone levels and a bunch of other stuff...thyroid as well.

When I get in to see my own doctor next week I'm going tell her I should have been informed that one of my cysts ruptured and I'll tell her I was unprepared for what happened.

It's just so frustrating. And we all go through it...I feel like a little begger...please doctor, give me a crumb of information...grrrr it's my freaking body...I wonder if it's possible to request that copies of tests be sent to my home address as will as to the doctor...I wouldn't mind paying for it.

Then I could take the results in with me and demand an explenation.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

SITC..

Is it next week yet? Test in?

When they call with the results,..just say please mail the results to me. You should be entitled to a copy free of charge. Maybe paperwork up north is different...

Still feeling disconnected? Plugged in yet? Cookie will power?

How's the girlie, the pear?

Head hugs,
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Default Re: Girlie girl stuff, fellas you may NOT want to ready this

Quote Originally Posted by sits_inthe_corner
    K,

Where do I begin...how about with a grrrrrrrrrrrrr stupid doctors.

I have mentioned that I have a cyst on each ovary and one on my cervix.

Well, today was horrific. I believe one of the cysts ruptured. I called the doctor's nurse from my office and she told me to come in ASAP.

So I get there and my doctor is not in but I get to see another doctor.

He tells me that the results from my last ultra sound....showed that one of the cysts had burst and resolved it's self...which is fine and dandy, but why did my doctor tell me that.

I asked him if he could give me something to slow down the bleeding. He said no he couldn't because of the arthrotec I'm taking. He said that the arthrotec is an anti inflamatory and he can't risk giving me another one.

In other words...suck it buttercup. :shock: He didn't say that too me but that's about what I had to do.

He's sending me for a bunch of blood work and making recommendations to my family doctor for a biopsy.

I was never told that I would be bleeding this much...it scared the living daylights out of me. Now it's completely stopped but that's when the pain has started.

I've not been put on an antibiotic. I can't help but wonder about walking around with ruptured bits inside me....that cant be a good thing.

Why the hell cant they explain things better. I even went to get the blood work done, not realizing it was a fasting blood test (insert a bunch of swear words here).

I could growl on but I think I'll stop there.

Thanks for letting me spout...grrrrrrrrr.

I am starting to come round...I just feel gut punched right now which is way way better than how I was feeling.

I am going through the same thing right now! I have two large ones on one ovary. I was in the hospital over Thanksgiving due to the pain. It was so painful that I could not even keep food down! I went to the doctor a few days later and one had ruptured and the other was just sitting pretty The doctor sent me away with two different pain killer, anti throw up medicine and an appointment two weeks later :!: I have my appt on the 16th and if it is still there we will schedule a Christmas surgery :cry: Just what we always want. The bleeding is yucky and the pain is really bad. Why can't we ever get answers :?: There are times I feel like we are just pushed a side and watched from a distance to see if anything else happens. Oh well, it will all get better. I hope you are a bit more comfortable and the bleeding has stopped. Let me know what the doctors find out..............I am curious :idea:
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

Gentle hugs to ya Danica

And yes Oluwa, the blessed appointment was yesterday.

My family doctor did not have the blood test results back as yet. I pushed the point that life was intollerable and I need help.

She has put me on "hormon" therapy which as it turns out is a fancy way of saying she has put me on the pill.

She does not feel that the heavy bleeding and clotting is due to the cyst having ruptured she thinks it medapausal stuff.

She gave me two months supply of the pills; I am to take them straight through so I will skip what ever should have been my next period.

I have been bleeding steady for 1 1/2 now :shock:

I started the pills last night, things have calmed down quite I bit. I still have pain in my lower left side.

If this fails then she will book me for a treatment to my uterus. I'm not sure what that is all about. I'm assuming they are going to cotterize (spelling) the little sucker, but I could be wrong.

I'm concerned about being on the pill again, as it causes clotting...and I've been utterly horrific in that way as it is.

I asked for a referal to a gynacologist...she said she wanted to try this approach first.

Danica, all I can say is keep pushing. Keep going back when you are misserable...dont let them dismiss your pain or your concerns.

If this treatment doesn't sort me out by monday I'll be going back and demand to be sent to a gynacologist.

It gets very wearing to have to keep hammering away to get proper diagnosis and treatment.

I have put up with a lot, but I'm at the end of my tollerence.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

I too have been put on the pill.....Lybrel. I will not have a period at all. I am hoping it helps but we will see. I actually see my gynecologist on Tuesday so I will let you know what she says and what the out look is. I just hope you find some comfort and are able to relax I am thinking of you and sending you well wishes and gentle hugs back your way
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram