Thread: Medrol injection

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Medrol injection

My rh gave me a Medrol injection yesterday. She said I could have 4 a year and should be 2 - 3 months with relief. She also said this is used in diagnostic process. Any one have any experience/thoughts about Medrol, and how is it used in diagnosis?

Thanks to all,
    Phylis

Thanks

Hi Phyllis...

I've had them used for my spine. I think being used as a diagnostic tool is the process of elimination. If the pain is gone, then it isn't something else, but this? Used to rule in, or rule out...

A guess...

Be well,
    Hugs,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks Oluwa,

That is how I interpreted the explanation from my RD. Well, it is like a two-sided sword, but I feel much better than yesterday.

thanks,
    Phyllis

Thanks

Hi Phylis...

The injection providing relief, I hope. I had one in my shoulder last year, or was it in the beginning of the year...hummm. No inflammation has returned...yet. Never? I hope.

Keep well, Be well,
    Hugs,
    Oluwa

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Oluwa,

I have had cortisone shots in my hip joint, knee, and elbow.....ouch. The Medrol shot was given into my hip for overall relief. I had several days of feeling great, then started to decline. I am still up (1 week later) and feeling ok, but appears to be wearing off. Pain is back, but is bearable.

thanks for your interest. I love this group.

Share a smile today,
    Phyllis

Thanks

Oh, that's a drag, Phylis..the ones I had in my spine...seemed to wear off faster. This recent round of 5 in my spine..now seems like the pain perhaps stemmed from Gerdie. GERD. Gerdie, I have it awful...g-r-r-r-r

Happy Day..
    Oluwa

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Oluwa,
    I am not familiar with GERD. But, 5 shots in the spine sounds dreadful. I hope you are having a good day.

thanks for sharing all of your knowledge,
    Phyllis

Thanks

Hi

I just got a shot in my hip for joint pain due to a Lupus flare this morning. That shot hurt. Is that Medrol? I forgot to ask what type of shot it was. She told me it was a steroid shot but did not list the name?

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Kathy, likewise, im not even sure if it was medrol myself woman dr just told me it was steroid based, i will ask the secretary monday to find out more info, although mine wasnt shot into any joints just in my bottom x
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Thanks

Hi,
    The shot I got was Medrol and I got it in my buttocks. I asked them at the doctors office as they called to inform me that I also have a UTI again. I know the shot hurt big time.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.