Thread: Im so cold!!!

Thanks

Default Im so cold!!!

Im stressed out!! I dont know what to do. I have no heater the fire department came two days ago to check for carbon monoxide. I can't use my heater and im freezing. this really sucks i had to send my kids to my mothers and me and my husband are home freezing. My hands and feet are like ice . They hurt so much i have been crying most of the evening the cold front came in and with the wind chill it is now 17 degrees. The woman we are buying this house from said that she would do all the repairs as long as we keep paying on the house. Turns out I called her and she said we would have to wait about a week and a half to get another heater. :cry: :cry: Because she needs to buy christmas presents. HA We have paid nearly 15,000 on this house and i told my husband we are not moving out that would be a waste of money. I don't know what to do. I would go to my mothers but there is no room for us and i don't want her to give me her bed cause she needs her rest also. My dad said he would try and come over tomorrow to fix the big crack in the heater until this woman gets us another heater........ Right now i wish all of you were here atleast i know we could all cuddle and keep each other warm. :cry: :cry:

Godbless
    sandra
    The boundaries which divide life from death
    are at best shadowy and vague.
    Who shall say where one ends,
    and the other begins?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

There should be a Fair Housing Department where you live. It is either run by the County or is a Non-Profit organization. Whatever the case, find a Fair Housing Council/Department. In that office, there should be a department for Lanlord/tennant rights. Advise them of your predicament (which should be against the law) and your Landlord's refusal to address the problem immediately, also tell them that you had to send your children away because of the problem. They should be able to tell you what your rights are regarding making the landlord ensure that your home is livable. Without heat, the home IS NOT livable.

Please let us know what you find out and if you are able to get help.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Ditto to Saysusie, she's right. I am so sorry you are freezing, that is awful!! I am freezing right now because I think I have a fever and can't get warm no matter what I do, so I really do feel for you... hang in there, I wish I could do something for you.
    For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans for good and not evil to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Thanks

Sandra that's awful!

Ditto what Saysusie said - you should NOT have to wait for her Christmas presents to be paid off. This is a life safety situation. You could freeze to death! And the house could sustain great damage as well - the pipes could freeze and burst. So she's going to pay for THAT too?

Talk to the Fair Housing department, talk to a lawyer if you've been working with one on this house. You need this taken care of immediately.

And find a place to get warm - please!

Gentle warm hugs - -
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

Thanks

Hi Sandra,
    Oh man, I would go off like there is no tomorrow. I am serious about that. I would pack my kids, my husband and myself up and go right over to that womans house and refuse to leave until she fixed the heater or replace it and I would also report her to Fair Housing Department. Nobody should have to put up with that.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.