Thread: question ?

Thanks

Default question ?

hi everyone , my question is this , is there a difference between systemic lupas and SLE ? when my blood tests came back SLE was named and I just thought that was just another name for systemic lupas ,I was reading an article the other day and this article had systemic lupas and SLE under different headings this made me wonder then are they 2 different diagnosis ? hugs georgie

Thanks

Hi Georgie,
    SLE is the same as systemic lupus. The full name is Systemic Lupus Erythmetosis. Some people refer to it as just simply SLE or systemic lupus, but it is totally the same thing.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

kathyw , thanks for clearing that up for me hugs georgie

Thanks

Hi Georgie,
    No problem. Any time you have any questions just feel free to ask and we on here will do our best to answer it.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hey good point!
    i often wondered why ppl refered to it as SLE lupus? i thought well its the same thing lol anyway thanx for clearing that one up x
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Thanks

Hummm... to distinguish it from Discoid Lupus when talking about, I think...

L.,
    Oh.
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I agree with Oluwa. Also, to make sure that it is not confused with drug induced Lupus or neo-natal lupus.

There are four types of Lupus (Discoidal Lupus, Systemic Lupus, Drug induced Lupus, and Neo-Natal Lupus), so I guess that some people want to make it crystal clear which one they are talking about :lol:

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!