Thread: Its coming today!

Thanks

Default Its coming today!

My walker is coming. HubbyMan called the insurance yesterday. He got it all arranged. Only costing us $6 out of pocket. The insurance is paying the rest. I hope that the one they send is the one I wanted. HubbyMan just said a rollerwalker. Guess we'll find out.

This will make things better for me I hope. My cane just doesnt do it anymore.

K

Thanks

Hi Kasey,
    I have a roller walker and they are nice. I think you are so lucky to get it for only $6.00. I don't remember what I had to pay for mine, but it was a lot more then $6.00. They cost over $100. You will be able to get around better.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Its came. It is not the one I wanted but I guess I will get used to it. It folds very easily to put in the car so I guess that s good.
    HubbyMan says that I am going to feel a bit self concious no matter what one I have.

So now I'll be able to go to Walmart and not worry if they dont have any scooters available. Also HaubbyMan has a whole week off before the kids do so we can go to Indianaplois and I can use my walker. YAY!!

Its funny cuz I just feel like Im going to have a ton of freedom.

K

Thanks

Happy for ya K

When I first started with the cane, hubby was very self concious. I could tell he was uncomfortable.

I stopped taking the cane, but I would end up just sitting in the truck while he went in and did the shopping. Finally he got over it.

For myself, I was THRILLED. I could walk comfortably with the cane and was happy to have it.

Even though the plaquenil and the arthrotec have to the point were I can walk with out the cane, I still keep it in the trunk of the car. There are occations when I still need it.

I truely hope your new walker is everything you need to get your giddy up in motion.

Happy shopping
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

My SO progressed from cane to walker with her MS. She has TWO of the "Hugo" brand walkers - one was a hand-me-down from one of the people I work with, her mother was unable to use it any more. So she gave it to me!

The amount of freedom with that walker has been amazing for her. Since we have two, one is kept in the car, the other in the house. It has a seat, so when she gets tired of walking, she can sit and wait, or scoot.

I'm so glad you were able to get one for so little money! It will help you a lot in your freedom.
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dear Noodlemom,

I am happy for you. Right now, I go back in forth from walking on my own to using a cane. I pray that I will not have to go to the cane permanently yet. If I could only have a year or to more without its permanent use, I will be happy.

Thanks

My walker has a little seat also. I tried it out at Walmart last night. I walked alot. My legs were hurting alot at the end and after I got home. But it was a good hurt kwim? When I went before and used their scooter my legs would hurt. I wasnt even walking but they still hurt. So for them to hurt from walking from actually using them felt so good. I think that I will be able to build up some strength and stamina.
    Yes the freedom. I keep thinking I wanna go to the mall, the museum, all the place I had to opt out on because I wasnt able to walk it and there was a scooter available.
    A friend told me to stickers on it to make it me. Kwim? I dont if I should. After all Im not a kid anymore but at the same time it sounds fun. I have a sticker on the back of my cellphone. Its Pluto from Disney. So maybe stickers on my walker who knows. Tell me what to do/

K