Thread: Seizures

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Seizures

does anyone else have seizures at the begining and during a flare?
    before i was diagnosed with FSLE i was going through 2 years of testing for epilepsy, strangley i got put on the pill to see if it stopped my seizures which resulted in another DVT and from there i went for being tested for SLE then later found out i had FSLE anyway...........i get seizures and i was wondering if anyone else did? ive had 2 MRI's both indicating i have scarring on the brain and since taking all the other meds for lupus they have reduced alot but i still get them every now and again x

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (Lupus) can cause seizures. Researchers report that seizures occur from lupus at the onset of their disease in less than 5% of patients. Seizures occur from lupus during their lifetime in approximately 10% of patients. Seizures are one of the 11 criteria that are used to diagnose Lupus.

Seizures indicate that there is some CNS (central nervous system) involvement with Lupus. The other signs of CNS involvement are: headaches, confusion, difficulty with concentration, and fatigue. Seizures may be a one-time occurrence or a persistent problem.

The nervous system requires an uninterrupted flow of blood to supply its tissues with oxygen and nutrients necessary for normal functioning. A number of possibilities have been suggested to explain how lupus may cause the many symptoms of nervous system involvement:
    * Nerve tissue may be damaged when antibodies attack nerve cells or blood vessels.
    * Nutrients and oxygen are delivered through blood vessels that feed the brain, spinal cord and nerves. If blood flow is slowed or interrupted, the cells of the nervous system are injured, unable to function normally, and symptoms develop. The symptoms that occur vary depending on the location and extent of the tissue injury.

I hope that this has answered your question or, at least, been helpful. Let us know if you need anything further :lol:

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

you guys are really helpful 8)
    hmm maybe that would explain the fatigue, memory loss confusion and wig out moments i have and the seizures, from tht was how i was diagnosed with FSLE thankyou one again
    xx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

You are most welcome! :lol:

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!