Thread: 2 rheumotologist visit

Thanks

Default 2 rheumotologist visit

well i went for my second visit today have been on prednisone a week feel alittle better have little bit more energy but yesterday severe hands and leg pain think i did to much also getting sore throat hope not geting cold. doctor says have to stay on high dosage till new year then will consider tapering off and placing me on more medication sometimes i feel so useless i am used to doing everything and am having trouble adjusting suppose to be going away for christmas making sure to pack hat sunscreen hope have more energy then it takes alot to run around with my 13year old she has autistic spectrum and requires alot of attention but suchis life we do what we do because we love our families. well enough about me hope everyone having a goodday free of pain and worry hot in australia today. wishing you all kind wishes kiml

Thanks

Hi Kim,
    I hope that you have a good outting for Christmas. I hope your doctor does put you on different meds and tapers off the Prednisone as that is not a good drug for long term usage at high doses. To be honest with you I hate Prednisone due to the side affects. I am also afraid of that medication. I just hope that you have a good time for the holidays.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I hope that the Prednisone works for you and that you are able to taper off. You doctor may put you on an immunosuppressant, like Methotrexate, once you taper off of your Prednisone, or even while you are tapering.
    Prednisone is a drug that is hard on the body, but it does work well with the symptoms of Lupus. As they say, sometimes you have to take the bitter with the sweet :?

Best of Luck To You
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hugs kim,

Good luck with the Prednisone. I've never had the "pleasure" of being on it.

Will be keeping you in my thoughts. Hopefully you will be pain free for the holidays.

Would that be a lovely gift for us all.

Have yourselfs a painless little christmas :lol:
    Oh look ... a cookie