Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diahrea sucks-I see the doc today---Im Back

Thanks

Default Diahrea sucks-I see the doc today---Im Back

TMI !!!!!! Grrrrrrr!!!
    I am so sick of this diahrea. It is a constant thing. I am on hycosamine, zantac
    and one more med for my bowels and gut that I cant remember what it is.

Sometimes it is soft and loosely formed and then later on in the day it is explosive and very watery. I have tons and tons of very horrid and smelly gas. Most of what is in there is undigested food. I can feel my intestines rumbling when the stool is working it way down. Im sorry this is very gross.

Ive been to the doctor so many times since the end of Sept. when this started. The week before I had gone home to visit my sisters and that is when this started. I had started on probiotics and Fiber One yogurt and I had a brief period of no diahrea from sometime in August until I went to my sisters the end of Sept.

Im losing weight. So many things I cannot eat because of this.

Im so tired of having one thing after another mess me up. Probably going to to have to stop eating solid food and start on some nutritional drink. Going to have to call the doc on Monday.

Can I please just once catch a break?

Kasey

Thanks

Hi Kasey,
    I am wondering if you have been tested for Celiacs Disease or better known as Celiacs Spru? It sure sounds like you have it and the only thing that they can do for that is to go on a totally glutan freee diet. Ask your doctor to test your for that. I hope that you can get some answers.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Thanks I will.

Thanks

:shock: NoodleMom

Kathy is 100% right....get your butt in to the doctor's and ask to be tested for Celiacs.

My sister has lupus, about 4 yrs ago she thought she had come out of remission because she was loosing weight and felt sick all the time with the same symptoms you just discribed.

She is only 4ft 11inches, she weighed 67 pounds :shock: the doctor did a bone density test and told her she had the bones of a 90 yr old woman.

She was starving to death quite litterally. Please go in ASAP and ask to be tested.

You can't change the way you are eating untill after the tests are done because it will alter the results from the tests.

It is very important to rule Celiacs out. Have the tests.

If it is Celiacs, it is very managable once you learn a few tips and tricks, but you need to find out.

Hugsss to ya.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

I have an appointment on Thursday with my doctor. Hope she can help me.
    Things are still not so good. Tummy is like a volcano ready to blow. Had a restful day today. My kids went back to school.

Kasey

Thanks

noodlemom,
    golly,do I have a story to tell you !!! I'm Ms.Paula,62,lupus since 1990.
    I had my gullbladder out back in 1969. I have battled diarrhea ever since.
    I have lived on and off pills,trying to either,slow,halt,stop,or just try to lock it up !! I found the foods,drinks,treats and meds.to avoid.
    now,I'm going to jump ahead so this won't take so long.
    after I got lupus,the diarrhea got really bad. it took time to find meds.
    that wouldn't mess me up. one med. is plaqunil, it has side effects,one is diarrhea,I can only take one aday. some of the nsaids will cause it. there are alot more, but if you ask your doctors which ones have that effect,you can avoid them.
    now,this is my daily; I take 1 lomotil, 1 hyocyamine [hyomax-sl0.125mg] nothing else for about an hour. then, all my pills [including another hyocyamine] with some boiled egg whites,2 oz. meat,
    or a grill cheese sandwich, then if I get hungry before lunch, 1 cup yogart or fruit. noon; the next cup of pills; there is another lomotil & hyocyamine
    wait, then eat. of course your menu will be larger then mine,I do dialysis
    4 times aday. when I get to dinner time; 1 hyocyamine + all my other pills.

here is rest of the secret;
    L-glutamine-500mg 1 cap. 4 times aday
    phoslo-667mg. 5 caps. per day, like; 2 2 1 or 2 1 2 just get 5 down
    zocor 20mg. 1 tab. at bedtime
    acidophilus 2 gel tabs.per day
    and here is the one for a diarrhea attack;phehergan 25mg 1 every
    4 hours,as needed. this one puts me to sleep,thats great,you sleep
    while the bowels and colon settles down & you get rest.
    keep in mind I take over 40 pills aday,not coounting the epogen shots & pain pills.
    as time goes by we can go through my whole pill-pile !!
    you need to eat boiled,steamed,or baked. try popcycles,gratorade,jello,
    sugarless puddings. get some good bacteria in your system.be sure to
    consume plenty of liquids [no coffee,cokes,etc.]
    try to limit the sugars,I use sweet & low or slenda.
    this will get you going in the "stop" direction.
    you have anymore questions, I'm here.
    diarrhea is better hummed, then shouted !!!
    Ms.Paula
    love to talk,love to listen,so we share.
    lupus,heart disese,diabetic,nervous system,artery disese,osteo-arthritis,anemia,
    fibromyalgia,spastic colon,angina,
    lung disese,renal failure,hypertension,restless leg synd.,congestive heart failure,
    claustrophopic,etc.,etc.

Thanks

Diarrhea and I are well acquainted since 1970... Sort of my personal vintage and watershed year.

I won't bore you with my history and all the SLE, fibro and RA stuff we all know and love. Let's say I know everyone's pain and can identify. Diarrhea adds to the mix. Meds, foods, diets and bio feedback have all been tried.

Stress reduction was my big breakthrough. Staying away from upsetting people and situations is difficult, but helps. I have button-pushing extended family that drives me nuts, so I avoid them as much as possible. They think I'm aloof, which is just fine.

As an aside, a little while ago, I awoke from an upsetting dream and immediately ran to the bathroom with diarrhea --- no big surprise for me. As soon as I learn to control my dreams (which are feedback from our daytime activities) I'll have the night bathroom runs licked.

Cutting back on sugars (which ferment in our gut like brewing beer) helps. Wearing loose fitting waistbands and pants keeps external pressure off of the gut (helps with gas.) Getting exercise (walking, walking, walking) when you don't feel like it, helps a lot. It works out the gas and settles your nerves, which slows down your bowel activity.

Make sure you continue seeing your doc for testing and treatment. Best of luck to you.

Moxie

Thanks

Thanks for all the info. Going to take small bites and digest it all.

WOW! Paula,
    Sounds like you have a plan that really works for you. Will have to look at it further.

Moxie, Lots of good info.

Going in on Thurs. Thanks all for the loving KICK in the butt. :P

Thanks

I am seeing my doc this morning. Nothing has changed. I was up again half the night in the bathroom. I hope she can help me.

K

Thanks

Hi Kasey,
    I hope that the doctor can help you. Please post and let us know what she does for you ok.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.