Thread: Saysusie!!!!!

Thanks

Default Saysusie!!!!!

Hi all,

In case you haven't read the "Thanksgiving" post in Faith and Fellowship, please join me in doing backflips of excitement over THIS posting from our own dear Saysusie!!!!!

4th...I am thankful for being an American, an African-American, who will live to see our next President take the oath of office - climbing the stairs that were built by slaves! (side note: I've been selected to sing in the inaugural choir. We will perform at an inaugural ball on Jan. 19th!)
    Saysusie, I was planning on being glued to the TV for the entire inagural, with a box of kleenex handy (I've cried a lot of happy-tears already over the election). Now I KNOW I'll be watching the Inagural Balls to try to see you as well!

How wonderful to be such an "inside" part of the history of our nation! I'm so happy for you!
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Is this awesome or what. And Saysusie is one heck of a good singer too. She's going to become a part of history by participating in this. Wow!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank You Rob and Hatlady!
    I am, without question, ecstatic! We have not, as of yet, been told if we will be able to perform at the swearing in ceremony or not. So far, the ball on the 19th is confirmed and other venues are being discussed.
    I am just thrilled to be 1) selected and 2) able to sing anywhere on that particular day!
    We are arriving in D.C. on the 18th and have rehearsals that evening. Actually, I am becoming a bit nervous (part of my excitement I guess), but oh so thrilled!!
    I will keep everyone advised of our progress and will post pictures after the event.
    Again....thank you so much for your support and congratulations!!

ALWAYS
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Saysusie,
    I am very happy for you. I hope all goes very well and you have to post pictures so we can see you and all, ok.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.