Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EYE DOCTOR BAD NEWS

Thanks

Default EYE DOCTOR BAD NEWS

:cry: I JUST CAME BACK FROM THE EYE DOCTOR. BAD NEWS GUYS THE PLAQUENIL HAS DONE PERMANENT DAMAGE TO MY RIGHT EYE AND TO THE LEFT . THE LEFT ISN'T AS BAD BUT THE RIGHT ISN'T DOING SO GOOD IM LOSING MY VISION ON THAT EYE.IM SO SAD. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS. THIS IS HORRIBLE I WAS ONLY ON THE MEDICATION FOR 6 MONTHS . IM ASKING MYSELF WHY THIS HAPPENED AND I CANT SEEM TO FIND AN ANSWER.

WHAT A HORRIBLE YEAR IT'S BEEN FOR ME. :x :cry:

SANDRA
    The boundaries which divide life from death
    are at best shadowy and vague.
    Who shall say where one ends,
    and the other begins?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sandra;
    Will this damage require surgery or is it something that can be corrected with prescription glasses? I know there are many types of surgeries that can help to correct some of the damage done by Plaquenil. Has your doctor discussed options with you? Please let us know. We are here for you.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

oh Sandra, Im sorry. Im sure that you are scared. Feeling sad too.

Is there any treatment for this? I was just put on plaquenil a month or so ago.
    I went to the eye doctor so they could get a look at how they are now. It is scary to think that a medication for lupus can cause a person to go blind.

Praying for you hon.

Kasey

Thanks

MY EYE DR CALLED MY PCP AND SHE IS GOING TO CALL MY RHEUMY I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE WILL HAPPEN UNTIL I HEAR BACK FROM THEM I HAVE SO MANY MIXED EMOTIONS GOING ON IM MAD SAD AND MANY MORE NO WORDS DESCRIBE HOW I FEEL AT THE MOMENT I FILED FOR DISABILITY ONLINE TODAY AND I RECIEVED ANOTHER COMMENT FROM MY HUSBAND THAT IT WAS JUST AN EXCUSE NOT TO GET A JOB
    and the other begins?

Thanks

Hi Sandra,
    I am so sorry for the bad news that you got from the eye doctor. I hope that you don't completely lose your eyesight in your right eye.

Please don't listen to your husband's sarcastic remarks. He is ignorant and you need to look at him like he is ignorant. If my husband dared to say that to me he would get cussed out big time and then shown the door. I don't know how you can put up with him. He is doing nothing but putting you under more stress. Offload the toad hon. You know what I mean, like drop the zero and find you a hero that really loves and cares about you.

I will keep you in my prayers that they can do something to keep you from losing your eyesight.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

HE HAS HIS GOOD DAYS AND HIS BAD I HONESTLY THINK HE IS BIPOLAR HE IS HAPPY ONE MINUTE AND THE NEXT HE IS IN A REALLY BAD MOOD AND I HAVE TO DEAL WITH HIS WITCH OF A MOTHER FOR THANKSGIVING I HONESTLY NEED TO FIND AN EXCUSE NOT TO GO CAUSE EVERYTIME I GO TO HER HOME I START GETTING SICK THE STRESS SHE MAKES ME GO THROUGH IS UNREAL I THANK U KATHY FOR UR PRAYERS I HOPE I GET SOME NEWS FROM THE DOC SOON IM REALLY CONCERNED SO HOW R U FEELING MAM
    and the other begins?

Thanks

I am so sorry to hear that. I hope that there is something that they can do to atleast make it more bearable. Also your husband sounds like he sucks, I hate to say it but I dont know what I would do if my family continued to be unsupportive after I got an actual diagnosis. I hope that you do have some other more understanding people in your life who could provide you with the emotional support that you need right now. I feel bad that you have to go through this without your husband. How people deal with the illnesses of others can be a real wake up call at how they really are. How would he feel if something happened to him that kept him from living the way he is accustomed Id bet he would want you right there by his side to hold his hand and feel his pain so why shouldnt you expect the same thing in return

Thanks

Hi Sandra,
    I am sorry for what I said about your husband. If he is bipolar then that would explain his behavior and he needs help for that. I think though that your mother-in-law is another story. I would just refuse to go and tell her and your husband that you are to sick to attend and that he can go without you. I did my mother-in-law like that a few times, because I could not stand her either. My husband would get pissed, but oh well and he made sure that he took the kids with him. I did not get along with her at all and my husband knew it big time.

I am having pain in my legs and knees and back and wrists again this morning. It is the same old same old.

I have to go to my daughters and watch my grandson today and I have to be there at 6:30 am. Well have to go now. Catch up with you later and I hope that you have a good day.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Sandra,
    I wasnt gonna say what I think of your husband but after hearing others say their thoughts I have a few choice words for your husband.
    He is a jerk, ignorant and uncaring. Whatever happened to in sickness and in health? Has he ever come to any of your doc appts? I am so sorry that you are not getting the support you need from the one who should be there first and foremost. Tell him he should push a baby out thru his p*nis then he will know what pain is and how you feel at times only with no let up. Probably a bit crude. Hope i didnt offend.
    If you think that he has bp maybe he should see a doc.

Hope that you get some answers sooner than later.

Kasey

Thanks

Many many hugs of support, Sandra. I hope that you find the damage can be treated or reversed.

As far as that hubby - I hope he either gets treatment and then treats you better, or that he GROWS UP and treats you better!
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)