Thread: Hello from the CAYMAN ISLANDS

Thanks

Default Hello from the CAYMAN ISLANDS

I have had Lupus for some years now. for the last 3yrs I have been in remission. My husband and I would like to start a family. Has anyone been pregnant after being diagnosed with lupus? What was your experience? How do i fine a doctor with experience in dealing with lupus pregnancies?

Tesha

Thanks

Hi Tesha,
    Welcome to the site. I wish I could answer your question about being pregnant with Lupus. I had Lupus, but at the time that I had my children I was not being treated and had not been diagnosed due to crappy doctors that would not listen to me. There are some in here though that have had a child while being treated for Lupus. Some of them should be on and talk with you about it.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Hi Tesha

Welcome to the site.

My sister was diagnosed with lupus while she was trying to start her family. Our family doctor refered her to a woman's fertility clinic that had several good doctor's who were well experianced in dealing with lupus.

She now has to healthy beautiful boys (young men now) :lol:

Check in to your area and see if there are any clinics then ask your family doctor to refer you to one of them.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hey Tesha,

Welcome...I think it is great that you and hubby are thinking of starting a family...now there are fertility docs who can work with you so you can have a little one. Like sitc says her sis is a prime example.

I was not formally diagnosed with Lupus until last year, but I can tell you that I probably have had it for many years. I have been able to bear many children...of course I was not on plaquenil or prednisone, but I was on tegretol...the docs now are considering that problem one of my lupus problems....
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost