Thread: Chocolate is not my friend (TMI) and sores on my scalp

Thanks

Default Chocolate is not my friend (TMI) and sores on my scalp

I love, just love chocolate. My fav absolutely favorite is chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. I had a small piece last night at my daughters birthday party. I had taken maybe three or four bites when my stomach started rumbling and I had to make a mad dash to the bathroom and had explosive diahrea. Im so sad :cry: I am going to miss my old friend.

I have these sores on my scalp. They really dont seem to itch at least no to the extent that the ones on my back did. I dont know if they are the same thing. The ones on my back started after a bit of sun exposure. I found out then that I have a sun sensitivity. But these on my scalp are weird. My scalp does itch but it doesnt seem to be focused on the sores. I am also a picker. I cannot seem to leave sores, scabs and bumps alone. So consequently these do not get to really heal. Do you have any idea what this is and what I can do to get rid off it?

Kasey

Thanks

Hi Kasey,
    It sounds to me like you have Discoid Lupus. Are you on any medications for the Lupus? I think that you may need to see the doctor and maybe they can perscribe some steroid cream for the sores. I don't have this problem, so I really don't know what else to tell you. Maybe Oluwa may have a better anser.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

I have that issue with my scalp I have like three big bumps and a scabby feeling thing that sometimes swell but the itching seems to be everywhere it drives me crazy my scalp is swollen and sore even in places that I dont scratch my hair is either falling out or turning gray. When the bumps grow the itching gets so much more worse but I always forget to mention to my docs when I go since they act like they have a symptom limit and I try to get as much as i can remember at each visit. I know it cant be just dandruff and I started to use the TGEL and scalpicin about three months ago and it does not help. the tgal with the menthol? well its some kind of minty stuff does feel good while its on your head though

Thanks

Hmmm. Can you point me to a site that talks about Discoid? I am on a ton of meds. Plaquenil is one of them. I have a lot of others for IBS, GERD, pain, stomach issues, depression, diabetes and probably more i cant recall. My old doc prescribed a steroid cream and anti-bacterial to put on my back. You think I could use that?
    Oh Im also on steroids. Going on two months or so now.
    I am not losing hair as far as handfuls coming out at a time. Some is coming out tho just a few strand here and there.

jaideni sorry bout your scalp and the itchies. If it isnt one thing its another isnt it?

Kasey

Thanks

Hi Kasey,
    I found a web site that you can look at that shows picturs of discoid lupus on the scalp. I am wondering if this is what the lesions looks like. I hope that this site can help you. This is the site: http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologi...upus_eryt.html

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:

Thanks

That looks like the things I have on my legs the second one looks like whats starting at the front of my hairline guess i will speed up that trip to the doc ive been planning

Thanks

I dont know what they look like. I cannot see them. HubbyMan say they look like dry flaky skin. I think I am going to use my steroid cream and talk to the doc when I go back in.

Thanks

Hi Jaideni,
    I hope that you can get seen by the doctor as soon as possible. They should be able to treat these rashes for you.

Kasey,
    Did you show the pictures to your husband and see if he thinks that they resemble the pictures?

Hugs,
    Kathy

Medications: