Thread: Another test

Thanks

Default Another test

Have to have a colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy next week. Have been having abdominal pains

Has anyone had one before? What are they like?

Does it hurt?

How long should I plan to have off afterwards to recover from it?

Am fed up as I've had more tests this year than I have in my entire life so far and still seem to be having more all the time.

Thanks

I have had a colonoscopy...I don't care for the stuff you have to drink the night before, but for me that was the most uncomfortable that I was the whole time.

Most people can get going after an hour or two. It took me a few to get back on my feet, but it always takes me longer after having something like that.... but no pain.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Hi Furrydog,
    I had a colonoscopy done a few years ago. The worst of it all was the liguid that you have to drink the night before you go to get the test done. You will not feel the proceedure as they sedate you for it. I had no pain after it was over, but had a bad case of the farts due to being loaded up with air lol. You should do ok.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Hey furrydog,

When is the colonoscopy? Hopefully it is before the holiday so you don't have that to look forward to and because you can't eat the night before.
    I hope that you are not having too much discomfort the abdomen...I do know somethin about that, too. I am due for another colonoscopy and scope, too. At least they do it together. Doc thinks I may have celiac disease.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Had the sigmoidoscope and wasn't that bad, more embarassing than anything. They didn't find anything wrong so want to extend it and do another one in a few weeks time

I might refuse it, don't really want another one :cry:

Thanks

so they want to do another one because they didn't find anything wrong? or is it they want to do another test when they get in?

All in all...at least they didn't find something like cancer...that is a positive, because I am sure that they were looking to boipsy something.

Thanks

I am glad too. Didn't think I would have cancer but was a tiny bit at the back of my mind too, when I was thinking of refusing to have one at all, I thought 'oh no what if I refuse and its really serious?'

They want to do another one cos the next one will look at more of the bowel than this one did, cos this one was normal, to make sure the rest of it is normal too.