Hello. I have not yet been diagnosed with Lupus. I see a rheumatologist next week. I have been having symptoms for years and it has recently gotten worse. I am a 22 year old young wife and mother who is trying to finish school. As the pain gets worse I tend to cry more and more. I feel like I am losing my mind because I have been told that I was "thinking myself sick." Needless to say, I did not see that doctor again! I have a negative ANA test which is making me really confused. Over the years I have had trouble with:

* Depression/ Anxiety/ Panic attacks
* Restless legs at night
* Age 8 and 15- Blotchy red skin made worse by the sun
* Age 14- I was taken to the E.R. for swelling in joints over entire body.
* Age 14- Chronic yeast infections began. The yeast only responds to Boric Acid.
* Age 14 to present- Began to experience sharp pains in my back on the left side.
* Age 15- Began having Knee (R) pain.
* Age 15- I began having irregular and painful menstrual cycles.
* Age 16- Stomach pain: nausea/ vomiting as well as pain in the lower stomach.
* Age 17- My hands began to crack and peel while working at a pizza restaurant.
* Age 17 to present- Noticed white, round patches on my arms after going to a tanning bed. I still get the patches that eventually leave a light scar the fades over time. It is a coin-sized patch that starts red and turns white. It does not itch and is more like severely dry skin.
* Age 18- Began having very bad headaches.
* Age 19- I had two cysts rupture
* Age 19- I began to experience tears in my vulva all the way back to my anus. These are made worse with intercourse. I have to use cortisone cream in order to get the tears to begin to heal.
* Age 19 to present- fatigue
* Age 22- I got a rash on my leg the day after my son was born. It was raised/ red/ and itched. The rash spread and did not respond to over the counter medication. I received a shot of steroids that finally made the rash dry up after 3 weeks.
* Fever blisters/ tiny sores on my tongue/ peeling behind top teeth
* Sometimes food, such as Ketchup, burns my mouth.
* Painful joints that are sometimes swollen
* Constipation- I usually use the rest room every 2 or 3 days.
* Dizziness- I can lose my balance just when standing or sitting and ridding on a bus. It has happened often in public and is embarrassing.
* My feet can tingle when I stand in the shower. It feels like I am standing on needles.
* I get red streaks down my legs after being in the shower for a short time (and the water is not too hot)

I have been scanned for gallbladder stones and kidney stones because of pain. Nothing was found at the time.

I have had surgery to look for endometriosis, but nothing was found.

I have one grandmother with fibromy. and another with RA. My hand scans came back normal. I am just sick and tired of being sick and tired. I do not want my husband to have to ask how I'm feeling everyday just to know if it is going to be a good day or not. My son is only 14 weeks old, and I want to be able to play with him and not think about how bad I hurt or how stiff I am. Sometimes I can hardly open his bottles because I have no strength in my hands. I guess I just want to know if anyone has any similar symptoms. At this point I am desperate. I have been dealing with this most of my life, and I just want an answer!

Thank you for listening and God Bless!

Jen