Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bruising?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks saysusie i learnt lots and will add it to my list for appointment with consultant!!! this is getting quite long i just remember to take it adn haveconfidence to ekkp on at her about them!! soo thanks for you help all xx

Thanks

I tried to tell doc of easy bruising. All she did was check for anemia. My iron was border-line high, not low at all. Said it could be anything, definetly not anemia and said nothing more. Acted as if no concern, since not anemia.

Some days bruising is normal, others its so easy. I can lean on something to hard and a bruise later. I don't know if to be concern or not worry like doc seems to not be. Its confusing.
    Cheryl

Thanks

I bruise so much too. I never know where they come from most of the time but I'll find them after my shower usually. When I was really sick I had bruises up and down my shins that never went away for years. I always chalked it up to just another thing with Lupus.

For the girls with the toe nail problems, go to your local nail salon. They should be able to "build" a fake nail for you while yours grows out. I had my big toenail removed a few years ago from a ingrown toenail. Also had a issue with one of my baby toes and a metal patio chair(did I mention I'm clumsy too?) and they "built" me a nail on each of them while they grew back.

Thanks

I bruise easily too, but I had no idea it was related to lupus until I read this discussion! I get those tiny purple dot bruises on my upper arms too, but I thought it was just something weird about me, not something I had to pay attention to. I feel a little better though, because I was starting to believe I was losing it with all these bruises popping up all the time, and having absolutely no memory of bumping into anything! I'm adding this to my list of things to discuss with the doctor at my next appointment...

Thanks

Really Kducks???

I might try...I bruise all the time and don't like the way I look right now( huge dark circles around my eyes, my face is slowly turning red like a burn but I haven't been in the sun) so it would be nice to have my nails done.

Oh btw...I also am a klutz at times...kind of like I am unsteady on my feet like I am drunk without all the fun.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

WOW, thanks Kducks!!!

Was feeling ooky about putting on those sandals! I didnt know they could do that!!!

Good information!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette