Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hello everyone

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hi Karli,

Just to say hello and welcome. You are not alone in what you write and i understand. So.... ''h e l l o''. Lovely people here and very clued up on Lupus, very supportive!!!!

Love
    Angel.xxx

Thanks

hey Karli,

I am so sorry to hear that your licence has to be revoked for 6 months. You are right...that sucks..I started having grand mal and a focal seizures when I was 10 so I never had the problem with driving. I would think petit mal's are the better kind as you don't fall down.

Do you get the horrendous migraine's after one of your petit mals? I do after mine. Thankfully, I have been controlled for over 17 years. I still get migraine's, though. I heard that migraine are one step before seizures, btw. Seizure meds is used for treatment.

What seizure meds are you on?
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

I have been on carbatrol for over 5 yrs. I had my first seizure in 5 yrs a few months ago. It was really scarey since it had been so long. I can feel them coming on and normally just feel out of it all day. I don't get migraines. I am getting another eeg in jan. I have ti stay up all night and don't remember doing that in the other one I had. The new dr doesn't think the last one was conclusive.
    This is the first time that I've lost my lisence. My old dr never reported me but he could have lost his dr license if something happened. Oh well I know its better that I don't drive just hard to accept.

Thanks

Hey Kari,

So why did you change doctors? I don't go to neurologists right now but a gp prescribes...of course I am not having seizure activity. I do have "jumpy" eyes or I guess fibrilation of the eyes when I am tired or stressed. I learned that we need to be up on our sleep to keep the seizure activity away. You know that trance-like state that anyone can get in when they are really exhausted? Well for those who have seizures, that can be dangerous...at least that is what I am told.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Oh I forgot, Karli...let me know how the eeg goes. I hate those when they flash lights in my eyes. When I was younger that would cause me to seize...ugh...