Thread: What Medications Are Working Best For You?

Thanks

Default What Medications Are Working Best For You?

Hi everybody,

After nearly three months the Imuran appears to have kicked in and I've been trying to wean off the MTX injections and just go with the Imuran. I don't think it's going to work. After dropping to .4 ml. last week I'm having some pain problems again. I injected .2 today, hoping against hope that that Imuran will start working more and I'll be OK, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to make some decisions with regard to my medication. Of course I'll talk to my RD at the next appointment, but since I may have to rethink my current regimine, I wanted to ask what meds you're all on that have been effective for you. I know we all react differently, but I want to know all the options and how well others have done on certain drugs. I may end up with having to take both Imuran and MTX, which I was hoping to avoid, but before I give in to that I want to hear of your experiences with your medications. Thanks guys!
    SLE, SJS, vasculitic neuropathy, Degenerative Disc Disease, Chronic Autoimmune Urticaria

Plaquenil, Imuran

Thanks

Hey Jesse,

I don't know about the drugs that you have to take as I do not at this point have to take them myself.

I take Prednisone, palquenil, tegretol,DHEA, ...I don't like the side effects of all of these...prednisone and plaquenil make me sick dhea makes me feel crazy
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Hi! Thanks for your reply. I find that making sure I take my meds on a full stomach really helps, but you probably already do that.
    SLE, SJS, vasculitic neuropathy, Degenerative Disc Disease, Chronic Autoimmune Urticaria

Plaquenil, Imuran

Thanks

Yeah I do...usually that is right, but for me if I take it on a full tummy it just gives me more to throw up....ewww...

I just try to not move for a while...it feels like morning sickness, if you have ever had that...(only mine usually was day sickness and for 9 months not the first 3 like normal moms)
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rechellkerry View Post
    I think Healthy eating and diet in itself can significantly reduce depression, not to mention the combined use of the combination is close to unbeatable. Medication is not the solution....
    It would be nice for all the people here, who have depression, to have such an easy fix.
    Reality is much different. I do not suffer from depression myself, but I am sure people who do, know, that without their medication, they can not function.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

STRANGE! I read the post you have quoted Debbie but now it has disappeared.
    Medication - good and bad, but they do save lives.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Blog Entries
    Thanks

As bad as it can be for you, Prednisone works best for me so far. There are still some other ones I have yet to try besides Plaquenil, Chloroquine, Naproxen and the regular pain killers that don't work at all.