Thread: just been diagnosed, need to talk, anyone from london

Thanks

Default just been diagnosed, need to talk, anyone from london

dont know really what to say this is weird. Found out 2months ago had lupus and so far i been trying to deal with it myself- not working. Spoke to my doctor who reckons speaking to other people going through the same thing would understand cos i been finding it difficult to speak to my friends.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi FiFiLaRue,

I'm Rob, and I was diagnosed with Lupus five years ago. Your doctor has given you some great advice. Talking to others who are living with lupus can have a very real, and positive impact on a persons life. For me, talking to others with lupus has made it easier to cope with having this disease.

I've always had difficulty talking about lupus with my family and friends. Even if they are supportive, and understanding, they can never truly know what it's like. I know it's rather weird, and awkward at first to talk to others online about the disease and how it affects you. But, I think you'll find we are a laid back, and understanding group. And we do have quite a few members from the UK here as well.

Anyway, I just want to say welcome, and make yourself at home.

Rob

Thanks

Hi FiFiLaRue,
    Welcome to the site. My name is Kathy and I have SLE Lupus and have had it for about 44 years or there abouts. I will be 50 in December. I am not from the UK. I am in Southern GA in the United States. Feel free to ask any questions you like. There are a lot of us that comes here from all over the free world.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi FiFiLaRue:

You've come to the right place if you want to be amongst others who understand your illness, its symptoms, its treatments, and how it can affect your life.
    The people here are very friendly, as you've seen, and they are always willing to answer your questions, provide you with information, give you support, or just let you know that you are not alone.
    Welcome to our family and I hope that you join us often so that we can be as much help to you as possible.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Fifi -

Welcome from your new friends across the pond. You are never alone here. There is always a kind word, understanding wisdom, and many times, humor that only others with lupus would understand. As you have seen, members here are quick to respond.

I hope today finds you well.

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.