Thread: UVA/UVB lamps

Thanks

Default UVA/UVB lamps

Hi All,

I was wondering..

I keep pets that need a terrarium in my room. These terrariums have lamps which i think produce UVA/UVB light. (most lights for reptiles have this!)

Now i read that the sun (also UVA/UVB) is bad and can cause a flare.

this makes me think i've been exposed to UVA/UVB every day now since i have these things in my room!

I recently had a flare and no idea what caused it, could it be the lights ?

Kind Regards,
    Sann
    Sorry for my english...

Thanks

Hi Saan,
    I think that the lamp could be causing you to flare. UVA/UVB rays will cause those of us with Lupus to flare. Is there anywhere else that you could put your pets so that you are not constantly being affected by the light?

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

thnx for the reply.

How strange it is! I never really realized it could do any harm until now.

Maybe i can replace the lamp with one that has no UVA/UVB. If i can find such a lamp! Or they will have to move... but i'll search for a lamp first :P
    Sorry for my english...

Thanks

Hi Saan,
    I wish I knew of where you could get a lamp for your pets. Maybe somebody that comes in here will have some answer as to where you can get new lamp for your pets.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.