Thread: Is thi a flare or just not?

Thanks

Default Is thi a flare or just not?

This is the second time this has happened. I have this weird dull but definitely there kind of pain in my legs. It starts right below the knees and shoots down the shin and fades off. What is that a flare or just regular growing pains?
    Lupo

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I get that same sort of pain Lupo. And yes, for me it comes during a flare. Some days it's like a lottery. What new and bizzare symptom am I going to experience today. Ain't Lupus grand? I take naproxen sodium/aleve when I get those odd leg pains, and it does help. Don't let the enigma get the best of you.

Thanks

Hi Lupo,
    I think that the pains you describe are due to a flare. I don't think that there is any such a thing as growing pains. I hope that you get to feeling better. The suggestion that Rob gave you about the NSAIDs is good.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Ah-Ha! a flare! bleh! Good thing it doesn't last long though cause it was semi-crippling.
    Lupo

Thanks

Went to Rheumo thi pat Wednesday, told him about the leg pain. He told me that the Prednisone has a tendacy to do that. I didn't quiet catch what he said though.
    Lupo

Thanks

Hi Lupo,

My first visit with my rheumy, I was having trouble remembering what she had just said to me. So I told her that I was not familier with the terms she was using and asked to explain it to me while I wrote down what she was saying.

It was a bit embarrising and she was not a warm fuzzy about it, but when I got home I was able to review my visit and understand what she had said to me.

I make sure I always have a note pad and pen with me and I take notes when she has something new to add.

They tend to talk to us in medical jargen. You have a right to understand what's being said and to ask questions when you don't quite catch what they are saying.

It's also common to understand what they are saying at the time of the visit, but forget once you walk out. Taking notes is helpful.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Yea the notes do help. If only there was enough paper. heh hehe heheh
    Lupo