Thread: My skin hurts to touch

Thanks

Default My skin hurts to touch

Today my skin hurts to touch. This is most noticable in my arms, ribs and legs. I also had a pretty good headache/migraine today. I am not sure if they are related, but it is awful!

I took the new Imatrex med for the migraine, but the skin still hurts...is there anything for that? There is already NSAID in the Imatrex, so more of that would just make my stomach feel awful.

What about Flexril, or Vicoden...has anyone tried these for skin/body pain?

When I was on Plaquenil, I dont ever remember haveing trouble with this.

What are your ideas???

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

The skin is often very sensitive with Lupus. Added to this is the many different rashes that we suffer from. However, have you exposed your skin to the sun at all? Our skin is extremely sensitive to the sun and any exposure can cause unwanted symptoms as well as exacerbation of the disease.
    My skin is sensitive and burns due to my Fibromyalgia. I've found that cool water (and even ice packs) help to relieve the sensation.
    Perhaps someone else will be along who has your particular symptom and who can be a bit more helpful.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi SaySusie,

thank you for your reply. Since it is very cold here, I have gotten no sun at all in a few months. I do wear 30 sunscreen on my arms if i have short sleeves.

I guess that I wasnt very clear about "skin". It hurts actually benieth the skin, sorta like whatever is over my bones is sore. I am not sure if it is fat or muscle...but to hug me or tap on my arm (as kids do) hurts.

I dont currently have a rash and the skin itself is fine, its just what is underneith.

I am wondering if there is a medication to take this sensitivity away?

Thanks!

Thanks

By any chance, have you been diagnosed with Raynaud's Syndrome?

I have --- the colder it gets inside or out, the more I hurt. Beginning at the onset of fall (or in strong A/C) my bones, joints and skin hurt! The colder it gets outside, the more miserable my symptoms. Along with all the other stuff, my fingers and toes turn purple and throb.

Yesterday, some old guy asked me if I was warm enough ---- it was 50ish outside and I had on a turtleneck, jeans, a zipped up fleece jacket and gloves, and Uggs. I looked like a dork but was comfortable. The old guy, by the way, had on a hat with ear flaps. Dork! right back at him.

I'm the opposite of most. Sun is not usually a problem (other than that darned discoid rash), but cold cuts like a knife. Each of us is so different.

Best wishes to you.

Moxie

Thanks

Hi Moxi~

Well yes i do have raynauds. this year is pretty much the worst it has ever been. it is not even the dead of winter yet and my fingers are givin me fits! :?

i guess you just may have a point there, maybe it is the raynauds talking and effecting more than just the fingers....hhhhmm. I will have to ask the old doc about that one.

well dont you worry abour the dork with the earflaps, he was just jelous!