Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dietary Concerns Need Advice

Thanks

Default Dietary Concerns Need Advice

Ok this prednisone is making me hungry and is driving me mad. There is alot of food to eat but I'm not sure if it's the right kind because I'm trying not to gain weight which is already happening. What am I supposed to eat and not eat to keep the weight under control?
    Lupo

Thanks

Fresh fruits and veggies of course. Banans are filling, high fiber fruits and veggies keep you fuller longer. I make a shake to help. 8oz of fat-free milk or soy milk, 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries and a squirt of strawberry syrup. Mix in a blender, yummy and a great snack anytime. I also take the frozen berries and put a 1/2 cup in a cup of fat-free vanilla yogurt, leave over night in the fridge. In mornig stir and eat, love it. I also have the berry fiber powder mix in 8oz water 3x a day. Keeps you full feeling and doc says good natural weight loss. Of course lots of water and exercise as much as you can.

I also switched things around in fridge and pantry. All condiments are fat-free or light, especially mayo, salad dressind and margarines. I delute my juice, less calories. I bought a fat-free spray butter that taste good, and got molly-butter fat-free powder for veggies and such. The steroid meds can really make you hungry, but you can do it. Just have to keep a closer eye on what you eat and the amount. Also drinking low-fat milk and eating a small breakfast can help you weigh less.

Hoped I helped you .
    Cheryl

Thanks

Thanks for the advice! You have no idea how much that helped!
    Lupo

Thanks

Hi lupo,

Go for foods that make you work to eat them, and that are good for you. Apples, nuts (unsalted), veggies and low fat dip.

Graze, severy small serving through out the day. An apple for example, keeps ya busy :lol: lots of chewing and it's really good for your digestive system. Walnuts and almonds are good for the walls of your veins.

Try not to over do on the fruites; too much sugar even if it is natural sugar. Follow the food guide for servings and portions.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hi Lupo, so glad I was helpful .
    Cheryl

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Lupo,

Here's a few food ideas that work well for me. I only drink skim milk. I eat alot of cereal. Non-sugary stuff like corn flakes or cheerios. To add a little flavor I put sliced banana on it. I love peanut butter. I have apple slices with a bit of P.B. and I also eat those quaker rice cakes with a little P.B. on it. I also drink alot of fruit juice, but I dilute it with some water. I think it tastes better that way, and it's not such a load of sugar. I don't eat three meals a day. I eat 5 or 6 small servings of food each day. Of course, once in awhile I splurge a bit and have pizza, wings, and a pint of Guinness, but not a huge quantity, and not very often. Moderation is the key. Hope my ideas help.

Thanks

it's ok to have pizza? i know that sounds dumb but i don't want my Lupus to wreck havoc on me .
    Lupo

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Pizza should be OK if it is vegetarian. Remember, we should avoid 4 legged animals (like pork and sausages such a pepperoni, salami, beef etc.) Also, be careful about taking in a lot of cheese.
    I, occasionally eat vegetarian pizza's with only white cheeses and I've had not problem so far!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

I love veggie pizza!! I treat myself to 1 a month from domino's, its good. I have no more than 2 slices with water, which gives me 4 yummy treat lunches. I also dab the top with a dry paper towel to pull any excess grease, figured couldn't hurt. You'd be surprise to the the napkin some times though,lol.
    Cheryl

Thanks

:twisted:

I love meat lovers pizza!!!! yes I'm bad, yes it's a vice...yes I will eats it again! :twisted:

But only once in a very blue moon.

Life can NOT completely suck...just remember that a treat is NOT something you get to have all the time. :lol:
    Oh look ... a cookie