Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bladder infection, kidney infection, feeling annoyed

Thanks

Default bladder infection, kidney infection, feeling annoyed

HI guys.

i will admit that im not in the best of moods today. woke up with vomiting and excruciating pain,shot off to my doctor and i have a kidney infection and a bladder infection.
    as if that wasn't enough on top of what i know now is a current flare (having only been diagnosed a week ago with UCTD - probably lupus) he told me not to start trying for a pregnancy yet. my husband said ""ohhhhhhhhhhhhh maaaaaaaaaaaan"" and i just busted out in tears. i am just so tired. its been nearly 4 months since the miscarriage, and the baby room is all set up, and achingly empty. i just wanna be a mommy

so my question here is, (underneath al the moaning) is kidney/bladder infection probably all part of my flare? and i would soo love some encouragement, i just don't feel like im coping, at all..

Thanks

The infection might be from lowered immune fucntion from a side effect of one of your medications. But since Lupus is different from person to person it might be a flare. This get's more baffling by the day.
    Lupo

Thanks

thanks Lupo. IM guessing definitely relatd. i've had a fair few bladder infections now, and this is the first time ít's spread to my kidneys, and yet i'd only had bladder infection symptoms for a few hours before the pain started in my back. so who knows! its just so frustrating when things add to it. normally i would cope wel with just an infection, but this time, it just seemed so overwhelming.

anyway, thanks for the support

Thanks

Your welcome! If you want to talk, I'm here.
    Lupo

Thanks

man i wouldn't know where to start! its so overwhelming.
    tell me about you ??

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Because lupus patients are highly susceptible to infection, we often have to deal with urinary tract infections (UTIs). UTIs and kidney infections are the result of an organism/germ entering the body and infecting the urinary tract. Usually. UTIs affect only the urethra, bladder and ureters. Untreated, a UTI can spread upwards, affecting the kidneys. (Kidney infections shouldn’t be confused with lupus nephritis – More about that later.) These infections are usually treated with antibiotics, plenty of fluids and the old kitchen remedy of gallons of cranberry juice. (Which is extremely helpful in reducing the pain and discomfort!)
    Are you taking Prednisone? Prednisone can also make us susceptible to UTI & Bladder infection. Our risk of infection is increased more when we are taking corticosteroids or immunosuppressive medications.
    In short, yes your kidney and bladder infection could be due to your Lupus because lupus makes us highly susceptible to infections!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

thanks Saysusie. Thats what i thought, but i wanted to check. apreciate all your help. feeling bit better today. ended up having a reaction to the painkillers they put me on, which just made me feel even worse.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lainy
    man i wouldn't know where to start! its so overwhelming.
    tell me about you ??
    uhhh where to begin. I haven't been having much pain if any to begin with. The worst of it was when the symptoms firt appeared. The plura effusion was the scary part because I felt like I wa going to suffocate where I stand. Your Turn.
    Lupo

Thanks

Hi Lainy,
    I hope that you are feeling better today. I also think that the Lupus aided in you getting the infection. I have a problem with UTI's too and it sucks. The Immunosupperssor drugs and the other medications make us more susceptable to infection. I just hope that you are feeling better.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Lainy;
    I'm glad that you are feeling a bit better. Have they changed your pain medication since you had a reaction to the ones they gave you? I do hope so!

Keep taking care of yourself. We are here for you!
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!