Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lupus at 14

Thanks

Loose, within mins of me eating. I dont even see the point in eating anymore, it just makes me sick. I eat carbs yes, toast doesn't make me sick usualy.

I take cellcept 1,000mg Quinapril 20mg Prednisone 60-80mg. Vit.D. Prenatal [sometimes] Percocets [when im lucky] and some stomach pill.

i take all this crap and i feel like crap, eating makes it worse, its like my diet IS medication and water.

Thanks

Did you get the cream, Acey?

Could be Dumping Syndrome right after you eat..maybe H. Pylori, bacteria or Crohns....

Not getting enough nutrients is a big factor in how you feel...having chronic diarrhea too. No wonder you feel even crappier...

You really do need to go to the doctor again, Acey. For now...

Limit dairy products.
    Try low-fat foods.
    Experiment with fiber
    Avoid problem foods.
    Drink plenty of liquids.

See if that helps....call on Monday, please.

Night.
    Hugs,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

I did get the cream yesterday :] been using it and steriod cream.

I also went to the bank and adjusted my loan so i got a nice chunk of money i can do my UpperEndoScopy, and Colonoscopy. check out my insides.
    [also able to buy a plane ticket to see my girlie for thanksgiving so my emotional happyness will get better ]

I think iv been having this digestive issue for over a year, now its just mixed with barfing. Either way when i eat its comming out fast, 1 way or the other. I really hope they can fix it when they scope me out, its weird being scared of food O_o

Thanks

Hi Acey...

That is wonderful..what a Thanksgiving you will have. Emotionally happiness, the spirit has such an impact on our health. Maybe this excurision will help a bit in the digestion. Start light and bland...

Hope you are able to schedule your scopies...soon.

The cream doing wonders, Acey?

Weekend is here, enjoy or you already, on the plane...wheeeeeeewooooooo.

Night...hugs,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Default 2 peas in a pod

Hi,
    I can relate...I'm new to this site as well. I was diagnosised at 12..and now I'm 34...I went to college also, I know the struggles of being sick with the pressure of school, friends, partying and trying to survive...and I really know what your going through. I have Discoid and Systemic. And my skin was a disaster! Talk to your Dermatologist and Rheumatolist and have them prescribe you something and come up with a solution. I finally got everything under control...13 years later and I had all of the scars from the disease...but there is hope because I had laser surgery done on my face and neck and arms...and today nobody could tell. If you want to know more...or talk more...just write and I can tell you what worked for me...and I've done it all. If you want a quick solution that will ease some pain...Aquaphor. You can buy it in the store..it's a petrolium based sav and it will help some. Ask the pharmacist were it is. You and I probably have a lot in common. When Lupus takes over your childhood...it changes things...I know. Write..and we'll talk sometime. I see your from Olympia...I lived in Puyallup for many years...Washington can mess with your arthritis big! There is actually a great Lupus doctor in Renton. She wrote a great book. She's hard to get into...if you want to know who she is...I'll try to find her card. Take care-

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Just to say hi and welcome. Hope you get help with your skin. Sending you gentle hugs.xxx

Love
    Angel.xxx

Thanks

Hi Acey, How is your belly now? Did you get you scopes done? Results?
    My name is Kasey. I was diagnosed with lupus Nov. 2007. It has been a long year. Extreme pain joints muscles skin rashes, numbness. etc.. etc... I was bed bound until May. Had a short reprieve til the last week in June and once again somewhat bed bound and definitely housebound.

I see that you are on steroids. I was too (off now about a week) and I have severe belly issues. I have the same as far as seeing my dinner not 5 minutes after eating it. Much undigested and watery, I have gut pain, vomiting, nausea some bloating and lots of pain. Gas too. Eating was nearly impossible as my food never stayed put. It was either coming up or out. My appetite severly diminished. I have lost at 25lbs.

My doctor feels its from the steroid. She says steroids are hard on the lining of the stomach and if we looked at it that it would be raw. So we decided to go off them. I had been on them 3 months.
    While I am still experiencing all of the above it is to a lesser degree. I am hoping that as my stomach heals the issues will continue to go away.

Just a thought, something to think about. Im sorry that you are dealing with this.

Gentle hugs to ya,
    Kasey