Thread: Symptoms but no elevated SED rate!?

Thanks

Default Symptoms but no elevated SED rate!?

One more question, when I went into the doctors last time, I had severe TMJ or jaw pain, along with horrible stomach pain or spasms...

The doc had me do a SED rate test and it was not elevated. How can these be related to LUPUS if my SED rate is not high?

Most recently, the outside of my arms, legs and ribs were so sore I couldnt be hugged or even move quickly...what could this be??? I had no fever, but lots of fatigue.

Any ideas, cause I am just about out of them...thanks again.

Thanks

Hi MyNest,
    I am wondering by your post here if they have tested you for the posibility of Sjogrens Syndrome. The reason I ask this is because of the TMJ pain. This is very common with Sjogrens Syndrome. Sjogrens will also make your stomach cramp and spasm. I am wondering if you have any problems with a dry mouth or dry eyes with the feeling in your eyes like you have sand in them. Sjogrens will not always give you an elevated sed rate. You will also have severe fatigue with this conditon too. Also have you been tested for Fibromyalgia? With Fribromyalgia you will have pain points and this condition will not produce an elevated sed rate a lot of times either. I am just kind of throwing some information out for you to consider asking your doctor about and see what they think about it. Both of these conditions are auto-immune. I hope that I have helped out somehow.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I agree with Kathy ask your doctor about Sjorgens and Fibromyalgia. Many of us with Lupus also suffer from Fibromyalgia and the most common symptoms are TMJ. Another common symptoms is Irritable Bowel Syndrome which can cause severe stomach cramping.

Please let us know what your doctor says.
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

I have fibro and severe jaw pain. Along with joint and muscle problems, fatigue, with other problems as well. My muscles sometimes hurts so much that I can't be touched at all, or I wence(sp?). I have had different blood work, as well as that one, and always negative. Except first 2, so low a positive and nothing since. I have wondered of SS myself. Sounds like fibro to me, but talk to doc of course.
    Cheryl

Thanks

I have SS and lupus and I never had elevated SED rates or show any kind of inflammation in my blood work. My RD said some people don't show it unless there's a major, major flare going on, yet they still can have an autoimmune disease. ANA blood work will help to pin down what's going on and BTW, you can also have SS without the dry mouth and eyes. I don't have that either, only the ANA blood work and other symptoms to indicate it. So, you see, you can't really depend on having just the right blood work or symptoms to "go along" with what's wrong with you. That's why it's so hard to diagnose these conditions.
    SLE, SJS, vasculitic neuropathy, Degenerative Disc Disease, Chronic Autoimmune Urticaria

Plaquenil, Imuran