Thread: How long will it last?

Thanks

Default How long will it last?

Although I feel better than I did last week and am able to get out of bed and walk a little, I still feel quite unwell.

I am using a knee support as someone suggested and it is helping me to walk a bit more without being in too much pain, but my hip still hurts and I can't wrap it up or my shoulder .

How long will I feel unwell for? Am due to see my GP again this Friday.

Thanks

Head hugs..sorry, no one knows how long it will last.

I can offer ideas to help manage your symptoms while at home....

For your hip, have you tried a hot water bottle, or hand towel wet with hot water in a plastic gallon ziploc bag filled. Maybe ice compresses towel size in a ziploc will help...

Try laying with a pillow between your knees while on your side...sitting inclined....

Shoulder... I've used Therma Wraps, they tape on from the store..heated. I've also strapped a iced water bottle to my shoulder with ace bandages (stretch wraps)...

Moving helps keep joints from being stiff. Even while laying in bed move them....

Hot showers always help too, even if it just the duration you are showering...

Epson salt baths...

Eating less salt, drinking plenty of fluids, H20, Apple Juice may help...

Adjust your sitting position, feet flat on the floor.

While at your PC, can you adjust your keyboard, mouse, seat to prevent strain?

If watching TV while in bed, maybe consider relocating the TV from current position. If at the end of the bed move to the side...

I used all of these and at some point they have helped....

Are you dosing with any anti-inflammatories, prescribed pain relievers?

Friday is a few days away..hang in there, Furrydog....

In my prayers you are..
    Hugs,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Hi Furrydog,
    I am sorry to hear that you are still not feeling well. Nobody can predict how long a flare will last. I hope that you get to feeling better soon. I hope that your visit with your GP goes well.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions, i am taking regular anti inflammatories. Am trying to stay out of bed as much as possible partly to stop getting stiff and partly because I feel guilty about lying around and think I should be doing something around the house. But realistically can't do very much