Thread: Introducing myself...

Thanks

Default Introducing myself...

Hi all! My name is Rhonda and I have SLE, lupus nephritis, lupus vasculitis, bipolar disorder, COPD, and CHF and have had 2 heart attacks due to clotting caused by lupus.

I am divorced with 2 children, daughter lives with me, son lives with his father in Indiana, and I live in NC.

I enjoy reading, music, and meeting new people on the internet.

I have been diagnosed since 2001, and the only website I could find for lupus sufferers was also a fibromyalgia site, which I also have, but there wasn't a place called "We have lupus" when I went looking for help in 2001. I'm glad I found you guys, and I hope to make some new friends while I'm here.
    "Someday I hope you get the chance to live like you were dying"~Tim McGraw

Rhonda

Thanks

Default new member

Hi everyone my name is Isobel and i have just found this site but have had SLE for 12years ive been left with permanent lung damage due to this and im only 36 but sometimes feel 90 it is all very scary as i have a 12year old daughter but you have to try and be positive and nobody understands unless they have it but anyway hello to you all out there :

Thanks

Hi Both,
    I haven't been here for a while but try to drop in when I can. I know how difficult new diagnosis is and how we have to adapt. i am nearly a year retired on ill health now and life is a lot easier. If I can help please let me know, I am a good listener.I wish there was more support for us.
    Val

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Isobel :lol:
    Welcome to our forum and to our family. You are not alone here and we truly understand what you are going through. You said that your lupus has affected your lungs...do you have pulmonary hypertension??? What are you taking??
    I especially understand feeling as if you are 90 yrs old....always in pain, unable to participate in the activities we once enjoyed, etc. etc. etc. But, do not give up hope and try not to be too unhappy. Like I said, everyone here understands, is empathetic, supportive and encouraging. Remember..You Are Not Alone!!!

Again, Welcome
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie