Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What does a Lupus flare up look/feel like?

Thanks

Thanks ... Sits

I should have mentioned that this rash is not from the Prednisone. I've had it since I first became sick with Lupus. The Prednisone was making it feel better though, now it's not.

I did call my rheumy. I'm going in there this afternoon. She is going to start me on Plaquenil today if possible. Not that that will be helping anything anytime soon.

She did say that my Lupus was "acute" and it will take awhile to get it to calm down.

I guess I shouldn't have done so much yesterday. It's so unfair having to pay this price for several days just for one day of normalcy. Oh well, it could be worse so I should just shut up.

Thanks
    "I am not afraid of storms, I am learning to sail my own ship."
    -- LOUISA MAY ALCOTT

Lupus, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, Lupus Anticoagulant Syndrome, Spondylitis

Thanks

Hugs oopsydoopsygirl

Glad you got in to see your rheumy, how did it go? If you're starting your plaquenil ask if it's okay to take both pills at night before bed with a small tub of yogart.

You'll sleep through most of the side effects if not all of em and the yogart helps to protect your stomack from upset. But ask your doctor or pharmasist about this.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

oopsydoopsygirl (that's such a funny name),

I totally agree with being so unfair how we have to pay the price for days just for one day of normalcy. I had my company holiday party last night. I did a lot of socializing, ate good food, even did some dancing, but when I got home my body was aching and just felt totally exhausted. The cold night didnt help at all either. We got flurries last night too. Brrrr. I woke up the next morning with a headache. After church and foodshopping, I wasnt able to do laundry, ended up taking a long nap, which didnt help much, made me more tired.

Not fair that I have to suffer the next day from having fun for a few hours the night before.

Sorry for babbling on, just frustrated...
    "I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better."

Thanks

My name comes very naturally...hehehe.

I've been blessed with two good days in a row! I'm going for a third. I'm hopeful that the Prednisone is working and I will continue to feel better and better. Like you with the cold, I'm supposed to avoid the sun and I live in FLORIDA!!! How's that for a kick in the tuckus? I'm happy that I have warm weather though, I'm sure that helps keep my achiness at bay a bit anyway.

I'm glad you went out and shook your booty! We're debating on New Years Eve, we aren't sure whether to invest in tickets for something and hope I feel good or just to lay low. We've never been out for New Years because I was a Flight Attendant and so had to work every single holiday...now I've got ample time to spare.

Merry Christmas, nice yapping with you!
    -- LOUISA MAY ALCOTT

Lupus, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, Lupus Anticoagulant Syndrome, Spondylitis

Thanks

That one day of normalcy being followed by ouchies and "whoa my joints" sucks. I bet it feels good though when you do take full advangtage of that day of normalcy, right?
    Lupo

Thanks

I take advantage of every day of normalcy I have. Not sure if that's the right thing or not, but I make sure I'm active that day.
    -- LOUISA MAY ALCOTT

Thanks

That is of the most excellent!
    Lupo

Thanks

Good days can be rare so whenever one comes along, I take advantage of it. I either use that day to hang out with friends, go shopping, clean and do laundry, whatever and wherever the day takes me, I go and do it. Yes, of course, I know the consequences, I can suffer with aches and pains the next day, but, it's worth it. I can't hibernate every day, so when that good day comes along, I make sure I use it.
    "I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better."

Thanks

That rock to get up and go when you get the chance. My quetion is though: Why are your good days rare?
    I know it sounds pretty silly, but i'm curious of that.
    Lupo

Thanks

I'm new to this disease, so I don't know why my good days are rare. I'm thinking it's because I'm in a flare-up and it's not in remission. I'm assuming that after the flare calms and hopefully the Lupus will go in remission, I'll be pretty good the majority of the time.

My rheumatologist said I'm in an acute flare up. So I'm guessing that means it's pretty nasty by Lupus standards??

But, I've had three good days in a row and going for #4. I'm thinking the medications are beginning to work...finally!

Hope this helps!
    Lanette
    -- LOUISA MAY ALCOTT