Thread: For those with lung issues

Thanks

Default For those with lung issues

How would you describe your problem? besides Catscans and XRay's Revealing stuff.

For me it's a tightening reaction in my lungs to smells and chemicals I encounter.it almost feels like my wind pipe is having the issue as well. I know I am in trouble because taking in breath hurts and Deep breaths are really Painful. I get a dull ache in the Center of my chest and it feels like I have been beaten up on the ribs in the back and everything is tight and Sore.

but I don't wheeze which is odd, I Just can't bring in air without Pain.

I wonder if it is the same for others?

Thanks

Hi Dave,
    The way that you describe the pain when you breath in could be from Pleuresy which is inflammation in the lungs. If your ribs are hurting that could be from Costal Chondritis which is inflammation of the rib cage between the rib bones and that is very painful. Have they checked your for inflammation of the sack around the heart which is called Pericarditis. I hope that you do not have that as that is serious big time. You need to definitely let the Rheumatologist know about these pains. I hope this helps you.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.