Thread: Toe weirdness?

Thanks

Default Toe weirdness?

Hi everyone,
    I'm hoping that someone can give me some insight on a possibly new symptom. When I was first diagnosed last April, I had a weird discoloration on my left big toe. It was purple/black and it looked like a bruise on my toe nail, and on the tip of the toe (on the skin) there was a small purple circle, slightly larger than a pinhead. It had been there for over 5 months. I showed it to a neurologist (who I was seeing for pernicious anemia before we knew i also had lupus) and he had no clue. When I showed it to my rheumy, she thought it might be purpura, but she thought it wasn't painful enough to be that. However, due to my anemia and neuropathy in general, I have no feelings in my toes/feet. A couple of months went by and the "bruise" finally went away, though the purple circle on the skin remained. Now, the other day, I noticed that the same "bruise" is back, only now it's on both big toes and its slightly more tender. I have not stubbed my toes, or had any known trauma happen to them.
    Has anyone else had this? Is it lupus related? What causes it?
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
    Be well!
    Kimmy

Thanks

I dont know if its the same thing but I had a big black spot on my toe that had hurt. I was scared i had no idea what it was but I m weird so after a couple of weeks I poked at it and the black stuff started coming out it was like blood maybe i dont know but once all the black was out red blood came behind it.

Thanks

Hi jaideni,
    It didn't have any blood or anything behind it last time, it seems to be under the nail. Hmmm...Thanks for telling me your story though. I'll keep it in mind for this time.
    Be well,
    Kimmy